User Tag List

Thread: Georgian Hate-Mongers or Good Ghristians?

Default Georgian Hate-Mongers or Good Ghristians?

"I feel that Shorter, the GBC, the Board of Trustees, and/or whoever can do what they want to the school," one student writes on the site. "It’s their school, but I cannot personally attend a school so full of hate. The personal lifestyle statement is picking and choosing which sins are worse than others, but a sin is a sin. Why were homosexuality, premarital sex, and adultery singled out? What about child molesters?"
    Is this/are these student/students/faculty 4 real? Why is a pledge against sex-related sins at a Baptist school causing so much backlash? Didn't these students and faculty realize it was Baptist when they decided to attend/teach here?

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

what's a Ghristian?

Can't they be both?
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

It's entirely possible that the people protesting this are Baptists themselves. Not all Baptists agree about homosexuality being the wrongest sin of them all. And I completely support people protesting what goes on in their church or whatever. Sort of like how Jimmy Carter left the SBC because of how it treats women. He's still a Baptist, just not a Southern Baptist.

And it's one thing to attend/teach a Baptist university and know how the larger church tends to approach the issue of homosexuality, and having to SIGN A DOCUMENT that pledges you'll "reject [it] as acceptable."