User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I hope nobody digs up all the nonsense written about me in yearbooks, booklets, award ceremonies, etc.

These things can be written as a formalism, last minute, so that they can have something to say.

Things are misquoted, mistyped, misread, etc. Ascribing a careful "cultivation" of a public persona to these errors is far-fetched.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm not big into politics, but I read a similar article on another site.

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/05/5735...born-in-kenya/

I have no opinion other than it's election year and the need to stir the cup of controversy again. I would not be surprised, but I wish no death on anyone, including him, even if the guy is not my cup of tea, if someone doesn't attempt to assassinate Obama anytime soon because of what the book and the article says. The argument from the facebookers are "grannies don't lie" (Oh, but authors don't?) and people paid the villagers off to keep their mouths shut about where he was allegedly born.

Edit: Could any of y'all want to bring some intellectual light to them?
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I doubt it'll change anyone's opinion. Those who think he was born in Kenya will point to it as evidence, but they were never gonna support him even if they had video of him being born in front of Mt. Rushmore, so who cares?
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    I doubt it'll change anyone's opinion. Those who think he was born in Kenya will point to it as evidence, but they were never gonna support him even if they had video of him being born in front of Mt. Rushmore, so who cares?
    Yeah, you're probably right. The GOP will probably need something with a little more weight and depth to successfully smear Obama's image to point that would deter his already would-be voters from voting in his favor.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Fun fact: technically, John McCain was born in Panama, in a zone that was U.S. territory from 1903 to 1979. Odd how no one, AFAIK, accused him of being a "foreigner"...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    STUF

He was born on a military base, and technically that is US Soil.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    He was born on a military base, and technically that is US Soil.
    Well, he was born in Hawaii. This is maybe the most heavily researched person alive, and born to parents who were not wealthy enough to hid secrets (nor was he particularly very wealthy when he became famous). The Clinton campaign looked through hours and hours of his preacher's ramblings, and that was just in the primaries. If there were any solid evidence against this, it would be all over the place.

You clearly aren't a birther, but the birther thing is clearly the refuge of morons.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    STUF

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Well, he was born in Hawaii. This is maybe the most heavily researched person alive, and born to parents who were not wealthy enough to hid secrets (nor was he particularly very wealthy when he became famous). The Clinton campaign looked through hours and hours of his preacher's ramblings, and that was just in the primaries. If there were any solid evidence against this, it would be all over the place.

You clearly aren't a birther, but the birther thing is clearly the refuge of morons.
    Nah, I understand that for Obama, I was referring to John McCain.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Here we go again...

Arizona's secretary of state said Friday he had asked officials in Hawaii to verify that Barack Obama was born in their state in order for the president's name to appear on the November ballot in Arizona.

Ken Bennett, who is Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's campaign co-chairman in Arizona, said he made the request on behalf of a constituent.

Earlier this year, hardline Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio announced that an investigation by his office had found that Obama's birth certificate was a forgery.

Most Republican critics of Obama have given up pushing widely discredited long-running allegations that he was not born in the United States.

http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-electi...004619483.html
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I don't know much about Breitbart, but the more I read, the more I think he was cuckoo.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke