User Tag List

First 234

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Here's one of his assertions I found contentious.

I favor doing this on ground of fairness, but putting more money towards wasteful government spending is not the answer. Look at Greece.
    he is saying what creates the wealth and jobs is the feedback loop between consumers and business and for things to be good, the consumers need to have money back in their pockets, it sounded like he touched on trickle down theory and possibly it being not so good.

why do you think he is wrong and what is the better solution and why is it the better solution?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    he is saying what creates the wealth and jobs is the feedback loop between consumers and business and for things to be good, the consumers need to have money back in their pockets, it sounded like he touched on trickle down theory and possibly it being not so good.

why do you think he is wrong and what is the better solution and why is it the better solution?
    What he said is not necessary wrong. But asserting it without proof makes his presentation nothing special.

For example, it isn't the undisputed truth that giving money to the average Joe will result in a better economy that giving it to a more focused group of business geniuses. If he is making that claim, he needs to provide more substantial data to support it. Otherwise, his others can simply dismiss him as just another impractical idealist mouthing off in front of a camera.