User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

I already knew everything, everything the guy from the ted talk had mentioned and it was no surprise, I think many people already knew this, can someone explain where the controversy comes in?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    If I did not already agree with his position, his presentation would have been too weak to change my mind. He should have presented more empirical evidence rather than simply using himself as an authority. Unlike Buffet, he lacked the star power to be able to do that convincingly.
    use the ni
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INFP

Bad quality talk to TED standards

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    Bad quality talk to TED standards
    what are teds standards?
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Huh, reading the transcript it seems sort of innocuous and something you'd hear from some interest group on a college campus sidewalk, but I don't think it's particularly inflammatory. Attacks on trickle down concepts aren't new.

This is a head scratcher. Unless TED is pulling the patented liberal "We're more afraid of appearing biased than doing what we think is right so we're just going to be huge pussies instead" trick.
    Agreed. Plus, let's face it, it'll still be better than the endless list of feminist videos they put up. It's not like I haven't heard of feminism before, so why does that apply to the Keynesian model?
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Im not sure why people are calling foul over this.

http://tedchris.posterous.com/131417405 this post seems to me to give a perfectly adequate explanation for the talk not being included. And why are people saying that TEDs organisers or TEDs attendees are likely to be against the talk? Im imagining TED would attract liberals and intellectuals....just the sort of people who would be sympathetic to such a view.

Those of us who have read the transcript have noted its not very good. Are we censoring the speaker?
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    use the ni
    I can think of many possible ways to refute his position. A quality presentation would have anticipated those objections and preemptively dealt with them.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    I can think of many possible ways to refute his position. A quality presentation would have anticipated those objections and preemptively dealt with them.
    very well, lets hear it.
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    very well, lets hear it.
    Here's one of his assertions I found contentious.
    Shifting the burden from the 99 percent to the 1 percent is the surest and best way to get our consumer-based economy rolling again.
    I favor doing this on ground of fairness, but putting more money towards wasteful government spending is not the answer. Look at Greece.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Perhaps in the sense that its been published before now and is not totally original, on the other hand who HAS said it in the US mainstream like ever? The kiddy libertarians on this forum are pretty representative of what's the mainstream of US capitalist circles, there's pretty much consensus among most demos and republicans on it too.

I'd say that if stuff like this starts registering and the benefits of something other than slow growth and niche economics the rich would be shitting themselves because there'd be nothing like the Randian utopia they want for themselves on the political radar any place.

NB still who cares about them, they didnt care enough not to cause the God damned global economic crisis and double dip recession, their political hacks couldnt remedy it either.
    You know nothing Jon Snow.