User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I'm trying to show you how you sound from an outside perspective. You asserted that a heteronormative perspective is now your chief requirement for a political candidate, in which case my suggestion is valid, however frightening that may sound to you. If this does not accurately portray your beliefs, then you have a severe problem with elucidating your thoughts.

And I don't have to attempt to appear witty and clever.
    Well you need lessons then because you fail.

You werent making a serious point, so the rationalisation you're posting here is a bit of a waste of time. Probably motivated by a need to save face.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Gee, here are the six rejected covers for the recent issue of Newsweek.

http://newsweek.tumblr.com/post/2311...re-is-back-the

I've got to say, the last two with just text seem to actually be more accurate than what they published. In fact, much of what they did not publish seemed more tasteful and less sensationalistic.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Well you need lessons then because you fail.

You werent making a serious point, so the rationalisation you're posting here is a bit of a waste of time. Probably motivated by a need to save face.
    I was using a joke to illustrate a serious point. It's a tactic often employed by people with a sense of humor, which explains why it eluded you. To your second point, the next time someone on this forum needs to save face after a tangle with you will be the first.

I can see that continuing this will not be productive, but rather only lead to more . I'll take my leave of you confident that anything else you choose to say on the matter will indict itself without my assistance.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

I've got to say, the last two with just text seem to actually be more accurate than what they published. In fact, much of what they did not publish seemed more tasteful and less sensationalistic.
    I like the first one with the flag over the White House, because the relative subtlety of the design appeals to me. But I agree that the last two are more appropriate, especially the last one. I think the use of the rainbow so prominently incorrectly casts Obama as a crusader instead of just a guy with an opinion.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I like the first one with the flag over the White House, because the relative subtlety of the design appeals to me. But I agree that the last two are more appropriate, especially the last one. I think the use of the rainbow so prominently incorrectly casts Obama as a crusader instead of just a guy with an opinion.
    The bolded is it. He just stated his opinion. I wouldn't call him a crusader for LGBT; he doesn't endorse the federal gov imposing itself on the states (as Romney has stated he would like to do); he just said he personally thought it was an equality issue and same-sex marriage should be legal in his opinion. He might as well have been asked if he believes in God and given his opinion, without it meaning he was endorsing the imposition or removal of religion from the public sphere.

It's rather sad that just voicing that opinion is in such contrast to all the other recent presidents and presidential nominees that he is being treated like a crusader.

PS. Please employ humor with me. I enjoy it... and actually even understand it.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sx

The cover, and even the article, are sensationalizing Obama and his opinions. Making him messianic to the LGBT community and demonic the right wing, sells more that way.
    As for this issue of gays and rights and such. Homosexuality, bisexuality, any the of the sexual stuff we do or present, or the gender roles we take or bend, they don't overall affect anything but the individual. When we raise a fuss over such things we cause unnecessary tension and hatred, and that harms us in many ways.
    The only reason to be against the many sexualities and sexual natures of humanity is fear, ignorance or a false sense of aesthetic.
    A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Ha.

Saying something in an interview which basically amounts to little more than "I wouldn't mind gay people marrying each other" doesn't exactly make him the icon for gay rights. Let's keep things in perspective.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    printed media is dying out, and they'll do anything for a buck. their fall is still funny, the way toothless prostitutes or eating greasy chinese food is: you enjoy it, but then you just feel ashamed and sad for yourself afterwards.
    chinese food is delicious, greasy chinese food even more so.
    there is a difference between going extinct and killing yourself....sensationalism like in the news article is the latter.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    printed media is dying out, and they'll do anything for a buck. their fall is still funny, the way toothless prostitutes or eating greasy chinese food is: you enjoy it, but then you just feel ashamed and sad for yourself afterwards.
    Now I want to watch toothless prostitutes eat greasy chinese food, and I don't know how I'll find that around here at 11pm at night.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Oh, puh-leeze, Jen. Why on earth would people who buy magazines about world affairs be interested in reading?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).