User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Consider moving to Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan or Uganda. You could throw a dart at the ballot and find a candidate to feel good about!
    Your post shows how little you understand what I feel good about. Not that you were trying as opposed to attempting to appear witty and clever.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

do not call my ideas daft. who do you think you're talking to? i can see 360º of the issue, it's not like i landed here yesterday, so i am entitled a little bit more consideration.
    i did say i will personally always vote for ideas, not symbols. and i am idealistic myself. but i am also realistic and i can see how things advance. you cannot expect everyone in the entire world to march at one speed if the levels of the issues are different. for example, you couldn't have the 4th wave of feminism without the 3rd, the 3rd without the 2nd, etc. (if you don't know what I'm talking bout, research).
    i will gladly discuss anything with you, but i won't accept being snobbed. so come down from your little pedestal or else this conversation is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I couldnt disagree more with your entire post.

Although I hear this a lot, people want to live in a future in which identity politics dont count, although they think entrenchment and retrenchment of the same identity politics is the way to get there. Its like expecting a little tree that's been made into a club to put forth leaves and blossom. As equally daft as marxist ideas about a dictatorship resulting in the withering away of the state or capitalist ones about deregulation resulting in the disappearence of corporatism or markets as a rigged game.

It takes a pretty ideological out look to believe this sort of BS and not recognise it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Your post shows how little you understand what I feel good about. Not that you were trying as opposed to attempting to appear witty and clever.
    I'm trying to show you how you sound from an outside perspective. You asserted that a heteronormative perspective is now your chief requirement for a political candidate, in which case my suggestion is valid, however frightening that may sound to you. If this does not accurately portray your beliefs, then you have a severe problem with elucidating your thoughts.

And I don't have to attempt to appear witty and clever.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Obama is an idiot.
    Says the guy who did not go from zero inherent political connections, an estranged father, a clearly bi-racial background and substantial college loans to President of the United States at a comparatively very young age. And also from the guy who did not graduate magna cum laude from Harvard (where he did not get his law degree) and was not a Professor of Law at the University of Chicago.

I mean, anyone who did all that seems like a straight up moron.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Says the guy who did not go from zero inherent political connections, an estranged father, a clearly bi-racial background and substantial college loans to President of the United States at a comparatively very young age. And also from the guy who did not graduate magna cum laude from Harvard (where he did not get his law degree) and was not a Professor of Law at the University of Chicago.

I mean, anyone who did all that seems like a straight up moron.
    His choice to become a politician was idiot.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Once again, a thread about gay politics (in this case, the media branding of Obama as the "gay president") has become all about Lark and Speed. Pretty good, for people with such a minority opinion on this site to consistently control 50-70% of the dialogue here without supporting their views adequately and often just retorting to troll quips ("Obama is idiot") in flawed English.

So just ignore them and discuss the topic.

This morning, I saw this article:

Obama’s gay marriage stance could hurt him

A New York Times/CBS News poll released Monday night shows the possible political perils of President Obama's recent announcement that he supports same-sex marriage.

Most of those polled say the president's position will not impact how they vote. But among those who say it will influence their choice, 26 percent said they are less likely to vote for Obama as a result, while 16 percent say they are more likely to....

... troubling for the president is that a majority of voters suspect that his decision was politically motivated.

Sixty-seven percent said they thought Obama's announcement was made "mostly for political reasons," while 24 percent said it was "mostly because he thinks it is right."

In another potentially damaging sign, 70 percent of Independents attribute the president's move to politics, along with nearly half of Democrats.

Overall, Romney now has a three-point edge over Obama — a lead that is within the poll's margin of error — despite improving views of the economy. The Times/CBS poll had the race dead even a month ago. Romney now leads Obama among Independents, and has a 1-point advantage (again within the margin of error) among women.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/p...084104738.html
    Last night I heard Michael Baisden (black DJ) hitting the topic on his very popular radio show in the metro area here, about how ridiculous it seems for a black voter to refuse to vote for Obama for his personal belief in same-sex marriage (although he thinks the states are still supposed to decide), when the president stands for many many things including women's reproductive rights [to use contraception], etc. So it's not like the black community spokespeople aren't out there trying to get the support back up.

I think sensationalist journalism actually can heavily influence the election though. It's always been a problem in the last media-driven 20-30 years (at LEAST) where standards continue to drop, and even stories without credibility can heavily damage a candidate's standing. Newsweeks' flippant label and jamming the same-sex button can rub off on the president's popularity regardless of the meat of the story.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I'm with Jennifer. It's lame. I'm disgusted that's even news. I'm disgusted people even make this an issue.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I'm with Jennifer. It's lame. I'm disgusted that's even news. I'm disgusted people even make this an issue.
    Personally, i never made an issue of Obama's gayness.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

........this is the dumbest attempt at news I've ever seen
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

He's not gay speed. He's an intelligent guy who understands that equal rights means equal rights.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison