User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elisius View Post
    I completely agree. Tax incentives for married couples would be useful if we had a population deficit. But as it is...
    ?
    Well, maybe not in America (2.1 children per woman), but in Europe (the European average fertility rate is 1,46 children per woman, in some countries as low as 1.2 or 1.3) that problem definitely exists: too many old people and way too few children to maintain a functioning society in the long run. We already need well trained working immigrants to compensate for this.

HOWEVER a look at my aunt and uncle (retirement age, never had any children, both made good money and received tax benefits simply for being married) and my cousin and her boyfriend (young professionals struggling to get started, unmarried with a little child, no tax benefits) shows me that something is wrong about a fiscal system that rewards people for simply wearing a ring rather than for founding and maintaining a family (since that is what the state wants). The well educated have even fewer children than the already low average, so an incentive for having children rather than for participating in a ceremony would be in order,
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Well, maybe not in America (2.1 children per woman), but in Europe (the European average fertility rate is 1,46 children per woman, in some countries as low as 1.2 or 1.3) that problem definitely exists: too many old people and way too few children to maintain a functioning society in the long run. We already need well trained working immigrants to compensate for this.

HOWEVER a look at my aunt and uncle (retirement age, never had any children, both made good money and received tax benefits simply for being married) and my cousin and her boyfriend (young professionals struggling to get started, unmarried with a little child, no tax benefits) shows me that something is wrong about a fiscal system that rewards people for simply wearing a ring rather than for founding and maintaining a family (since that is what the state wants). The well educated have even fewer children than the already low average, so an incentive for having children rather than for participating in a ceremony would be in order,
    I'm pretty sure that a drastic diminution of taxes for everybody would be more efficient than any statist form of marriage or any fiscal niche or subvention to bounce fecondity.

Also, the relatively big number of children-per-women in America is in part due to the fact that they take the immigrants into account. Also, the american couples are overall less taxed than the european couples, married or not.

The average number of children-per-women is higher in France (2.2), because, also, they take in account the black and arab women. The average white french woman have less kids than that. Also, there's an efficient free-nursering system which is encouraging.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    The average number of children-per-women is higher in France (2.2), because, also, they take in account the black and arab women.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh gosh, why would they want to skew their "female" count by also counting middle-eastern and black females? How quaint.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Yes.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTx

[YOUTUBE="3u6DWA98Edg"]Coco[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I believe in freedom and equality in the natural right. So everybody have the right o freedom, life and property. But not necessarly the right to be married by the state. It's a fake right.
    Let's be honest, the rights of freedom & property are historically new as well. For the majority of recorded human history in which we have formed governments the vast majority of people have been slaves with very little to zero right of property. There are no natural rights. The only rights which exist are those which we as humans have stood up for and declared that we have.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Find it amazeballs that Lark posts about 20 times to every one of my posts on a LGBT topic and cares about 5 times more than I do about the topic.

Keep up the good fight of getting people thinking about LBGT issues, man *fist pump*

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Find it amazeballs that Lark posts about 20 times to every one of my posts on a LGBT topic and cares about 5 times more than I do about the topic.
    Pretty impressive for someone who had claimed to be neutral on the issue, originally. I'd hate to see it if he was actually against or for same-sex marriage.

Keep up the good fight of getting people thinking about LBGT issues, man *fist pump*
    Fist pumps? It's time for you guys to have a huge MANHUG!!!!

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft