User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    Attachment parenting . . . because facebooking and neckbearding are so last year.
    More like "attachment parenting: welcome to 1998."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post

So TIME magazine put this cover out recently and it is causing controversy, but is also spurring debate about attachment parenting which recommends breastfeeding your child past infancy and also sleeping in the same bed with your child.

So.. your thoughts? Is the cover too racy? How long should you breastfeed? What do you think about attachment parenting?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/...151539970.html
    I'm not even a child, but would greatly enjoy breast feeding off of that woman.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    More like "attachment parenting: welcome to 1998."
    Like neckbeards and bathtub breweries (for men) and etsy and early-onset knitting (for women), it's the latest old-hat, quasi-retro-and-therefore-precious experience-commodity.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't know about breastfeeding until age 4, but its the best thing to do up until 1 or 2, and my mother of four children who have no allergies and strong immune systems will attest to that.

As for bed sharing, in some countries its not even optional to not share a bed. I slept in bed with family members practically my whole life (though never ALONE in bed with a male over the age of 6 or 8) and so did my sisters and nephew, et al. My Argentine friends think its normal, and sometimes necessary as well.

The problem would be if the child cannot psychologically detach enough to sleep alone. That should be taught if possible, if your house is large enough.

I think the cover is amusing. People are stupid.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I don't know about breastfeeding until age 4, but its the best thing to do up until 1 or 2, and my mother of four children who have no allergies and strong immune systems will attest to that.

As for bed sharing, in some countries its not even optional to not share a bed. I slept in bed with family members practically my whole life (though never ALONE in bed with a male over the age of 6 or 8) and so did my sisters and nephew, et al. My Argentine friends think its normal, and sometimes necessary as well.

The problem would be if the child cannot psychologically detach enough to sleep alone. That should be taught if possible, if your house is large enough.

I think the cover is amusing. People are stupid.
    Yeah, I slept in bed with my family members my whole life as well. It was weird because my mother has horrible nerves and my father would wake up with night terrors screaming all throughout my childhood. So I had to bunk with my father, and my bro had to bunk with my mom because my mother feared that my father would give her a heart attack with his "screaming night terrors".

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh and me and my ESFJ friend were discussing how her three kids who never went to preschool or daycare have a much stronger sense of self than the oldest one who did. I also stayed at home with family until school started and have a very strong sense of self. Putting two and three year olds in institutions with strangers to supposedly "socialize them" is fucked up and weird. If I ever have kids they're staying at home or with family/best friends until they're five. Fuck that daycare shit.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh and me and my ESFJ friend were discussing how her three kids who never went to preschool or daycare have a much stronger sense of self than the oldest one who did. I also stayed at home with family until school started and have a very strong sense of self. Putting two and three year olds in institutions with strangers to supposedly "socialize them" is fucked up and weird. If I ever have kids they're staying at home or with family/best friends until they're five. Fuck that daycare shit.
    I wonder if there is a connection between kids that are put into daycare at a young age, their use of Fe, and if they are a social variant?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Oh no, early contact with other children turns your kid into an Fe user - talking about guilttripping mothers, what loving mother would want THAT for her child?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Oh no, early contact with other children turns your kid into an Fe user - talking about guilttripping mothers, what loving mother would want THAT for her child?
    Well, it seems like kids that were always around more people when they were little, would have a higher chance of extroversion.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I wonder if there is a connection between kids that are put into daycare at a young age, their use of Fe, and if they are a social variant?
    well my ESFJ friend's three younger children are more assertive, brave, and basically less group minded than her oldest daughter. This may also be because she seems to me to be a INF diplomat. But she's much much more passive, although my ISTP and his ISxJ sister are quiet and have consideration for others they are MUCH more assertive. Her youngest child seems to be an ESTP and is quite assertive and spunky.

Preschool is Marxism at one of its creepiest points: taking children out to be formally and institutionally "socialized" in their most vulnerable formative years.

I believe this is why Gen Y is said to be so passive and group minded. The majority went to daycare.