User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Why does that matter? She's not in a sexual context at all. The naked human breast is not inherently sexual except when it's supposed to be selling beer.
    I'm just saying my reaction to the picture. that's all, maybe my reaction is wrong but so is everybody at some point.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Why does that matter? She's not in a sexual context at all. The naked human breast is not inherently sexual except when it's supposed to be selling beer.
    It's nothing about the naked breast, but for me the image of pulling down a tank top is sexual.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That's probably because in this culture we're trained to see breasts as sex organs. They're not. They can be sexY, but so can hands, necks, faces... yet we have those uncovered all the time in non-sexual contexts and nobody gets confused.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Many reasons. Working. Not being able to produce enough milk to feed the baby (as happened to my friend, resulting in a fussy, constantly hungry baby until they started adding formula). I'm sure there are others. I don't think it's gross, by the way. I just don't like the judgement associated with choosing not to breastfeed. None of anyone's beeswax!!
    Not having enough milk is a medical thing.

I know you can probably find isolated cases but usually women get time off of work after baby. And the day is 24 hours long. Breastfeeding is HELLA lot cheaper too.

Do you not judge any choices people make with their kids? Junk food? Letting them veg in front of the TV? If so I understand. But breastfeeding is clearly an amazing thing women's bodies do. They are constantly finding new things about it.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news...est-for-babies

Have you ever tasted formula vs. breast milk?

I'm not trying to convince you, I just can't help but wonder why someone (like my sister, whom I love dearly) would choose not to breastfeed.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Is it wrong that that cover's kind of erotic to me? Yeah, it probably is wrong. What are you going to do about it?

edit: not the elbow one
    That's totally normal.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I never used a blanket when I breastfed. My father in law must have gotten used to it somehow.

One time my brother walked in the room and my daughter pulled off and looked at him. HAHA. Awesome.

I made nursing tops and even had a nursing jacket (pull over)

MBTI
    yupp

That's probably because in this culture we're trained to see breasts as sex organs. They're not. They can be sexY, but so can hands, necks, faces... yet we have those uncovered all the time in non-sexual contexts and nobody gets confused.
    also i guess, the only time i've had someone suck on my nipples have been grown men in a sexual setting, never having kids of my own its hard for me to differiate.also if it was an infant i'd be ok with it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Dionna Ford of Kansas City, Mo., and her children, ages 4 years and 5 months.
    "It's so funny that the women who ask breast-feeding parents to cover up wouldn’t write to Victoria’s Secret to ask them to take down their ads."
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

No, that is not what is causing my response to that particular image. I didn't want to get too graphic or personal, but a pulled-down tank top exposing a breast brings to memory early experiences of making out in high school. The image PeaceBaby posted seems less sexualized to me because the kid is actually in a normal nursing pose. It would seem that much less sexualized if she were wearing normal nursing attire. But maybe that will change when I've actually breastfed kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Not having enough milk is a medical thing.

I know you can probably find isolated cases but usually women get time off of work after baby. And the day is 24 hours long. Breastfeeding is HELLA lot cheaper too.

Do you not judge any choices people make with their kids? Junk food? Letting them veg in front of the TV? If so I understand. But breastfeeding is clearly an amazing thing women's bodies do. They are constantly finding new things about it.
    I know lack of milk is a medical thing, but don't you think it makes people like my friend feel bad when she can't produce enough milk to breastfeed, and is constantly hearing messages all around her that not breastfeeding makes her a bad mother? And there's nothing wrong with simply not breastfeeding because one doesn't want to, either.

Of course I have my own opinions about what is and is not good parenting. But I try not to spew my personal beliefs onto others. And a lot of time, my personal beliefs are opposite of what "society" thinks is good-- for example I hate those stupid "educational" toys... I think they stifle creativity.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The pose isn't exactly sexualized but it IS very weird and it doesn't help the viewer contextualize (which I'm sure was the goal). As a friend of mine said on Facebook: "Come on, it's just a natural, unstaged photo of mother and child enjoying an intimate bonding moment: 'Here, Junior, hop up on this chair and latch on while Mommy puts her hands on her hips, juts out her boobs and stares defiantly into the camera.'"

BTW what's "normal nursing attire"? I just wore clothes.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Haven't read the thread.

Only have one thing to say...

Those kids are way to old to be breast feeding, go play with some GI Joes or something.