User Tag List

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default No more money for the rich guys

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1336459360448A

At last shareholders are saying enough is enough, its a long way off from genuine democracy but at least shareholder democracy is doing what market forces has failed to do since the eighties.

MBTI
    INTj

It would be better if he don't get to pocket millions for leaving.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It's the reality of the business world. People at the top who are responsible for making large amounts of money get paid large amounts of money. People who don't make their numbers lose their jobs.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

in one of my classes the professor asked why CEO gets paid so much. What do you guys think? What do you think no one said?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1336459360448A

At last shareholders are saying enough is enough, its a long way off from genuine democracy but at least shareholder democracy is doing what market forces has failed to do since the eighties.
    of course market forces failed to stop corporate embezzlement and stealing of tax dollars. corporations have loaded Washington with lobbyists granting corporations abhorrent sums of money and passing pro-corporate legislation left and right. the corporate/government orgy that is our current marketplace can hardly be called capitalism.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by pv255 View Post
    in one of my classes the professor asked why CEO gets paid so much. What do you guys think? What do you think no one said?
    If your class was smart, no one would have said "because they earned it".

thats what i said. "bc they work like crazy" to be exact. they all laughed. and thats why im quitting school.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    of course market forces failed to stop corporate embezzlement and stealing of tax dollars. corporations have loaded Washington with lobbyists granting corporations abhorrent sums of money and passing pro-corporate legislation left and right. the corporate/government orgy that is our current marketplace can hardly be called capitalism.
    Yeah right you'd rather discuss a utopia as capitalism rather than reality.

Its not corruption I was posting about or corporations creating a rigged game, the natural consequences of monopoly and competition's final outcome, its the insane lottery winner wage deals and bonuses.

The market drives down everyones wages but the uber rich, I wonder why that is?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It's the reality of the business world. People at the top who are responsible for making large amounts of money get paid large amounts of money. People who don't make their numbers lose their jobs.
    Hasnt been the case for a long time, this guy wasnt sacked, he left beause they wouldnt give him further record bonuses and pay despite not deserving it because the business wasnt improving in anyway.

I'm glad shareholders have said enough's enough, they slept walked into this and surely they should realise boardroom pay is one of the few places where cost cutting never takes plave and that's bound to effect their margin and business returns.

If boards can cut workers pay to award themselves money, shareholders should but boards to award themselves and maybe one day the workers will be the shareholders and that bullshit can stop.

Not while the so called self regulation of the market place is trusted though

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18020621

More rich guys get a drabbing, the gravy train hasnt stopped but its definitely slower and stalled.