• 91%-99(?)%

8 24.24%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I met a woman in Denmark whose tax rate was 75%. She still had plenty of money to live more than comfortably and didn't seem too unhappy about having that tax rate. And the Danes are the happiest people in the world, so they must be doing something right.
    yea progressive taxing is essential, if you make shitloads of money, you still have much even with high taxing. this helps those people who dont make all that much to have lower taxes, which improves their quality of life and those who cant work for some reason can be provided with enough money to live by and get free medical care etc. people who are voting for 0% taxes(10% wont really make any difference to 0% yet), clearly doesent realize where the roads appeared which they drive through to work, where all the street lights came from, where the cops came from, who keeps the talibans from shooting them etc etc..

its no wonder that nordic countries score best in overall happiness, we take care of our people opposed to people taking care of themselves. this may make some millionaire bit grumpy for not being able to buy new ferrari every friday, but they already got it all fine, its the ones who cant afford a car who needs to get the balance.

not to mention, if you clean toilets at a subway station 10 hours a day, that is much harder/shittier work than what most people who make alot more need to do for their money..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius was in favour keeping that top tax rate band of 50% at earnings of £150,000 ($241 935) which his government just got rid of recently and happen to wonder why the country is in recession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I met a woman in Denmark whose tax rate was 75%. She still had plenty of money to live more than comfortably and didn't seem too unhappy about having that tax rate. And the Danes are the happiest people in the world, so they must be doing something right.
    There was also many slaves who were happy. Does it legitimate slavery? No of course. So it's not because someone is happy to be sucked of 75% of his money that you have the right to force people who don't want to do the same thing.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    yea progressive taxing is essential, if you make shitloads of money, you still have much even with high taxing. this helps those people who dont make all that much to have lower taxes, which improves their quality of life and those who cant work for some reason can be provided with enough money to live by and get free medical care etc. people who are voting for 0% taxes(10% wont really make any difference to 0% yet), clearly doesent realize where the roads appeared which they drive through to work, where all the street lights came from, where the cops came from, who keeps the talibans from shooting them etc etc..

its no wonder that nordic countries score best in overall happiness, we take care of our people opposed to people taking care of themselves. this may make some millionaire bit grumpy for not being able to buy new ferrari every friday, but they already got it all fine, its the ones who cant afford a car who needs to get the balance.

not to mention, if you clean toilets at a subway station 10 hours a day, that is much harder/shittier work than what most people who make alot more need to do for their money..
    Amen, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    There was also many slaves who were happy. Does it legitimate slavery? No of course. So it's not because someone is happy to be sucked of 75% of his money that you have the right to force people who don't want to do the same thing.
    Lol what? Ae you seriously equating progessive tax structures with slavery?

Also, though there may have been some slaves who were content, I'm pretty sure the African-American population pre-Civil war would never have been rated the "happiest people in the world"...
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

If I could only take home half of what I make, I would move.

I believe in progressive taxation, what an individual possesses or earns will vary and without context, ie is it a wealth, sales, capital, inheritance, assets or income tax you're discussing?, its not answerable.

I dont support reducto ad absurdum tax discussions they only make sense to libertarian normative theorists.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Lol what? Ae you seriously equating progessive tax structures with slavery?
    Yes. The difference is that a slave has his freedom violated to 100%, a taxed person to 75%. There's a difference of degree but not of nature.

Also, though there may have been some slaves who were content, I'm pretty sure the African-American population pre-Civil war would never have been rated the "happiest people in the world"...
    There was some happy afro-american, for sure. And showing happy taxed people as a support to promote your ideology, you're using the same means of propagande than a racist movie like Birth of a nation.

Also, the income taxes in Scandinavia are high but the taxes on the private compagnies (often owned by the rich) are low, which means that overall, the level of taxing is a bit lower in Scandinavia than in USA and Canada.

At the same time, France is a country where the level of taxing is higher than 50% and higher to 60% if we take in account the national debt and the paying of the civil servant's retirement, and we are among the highest consumer of antidepressant drugs.

So there's no clues of a correlation between an high level of taxing and happyness, but clearly the contrary.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    There was some happy afro-american, for sure. And showing them as a support to promote your ideology, you're using the same means of propagande than a racist movie like Birth of a nation.
    Lololol! You were the one who brought up slavery! I only commented to refute your point.... so you tell me, who's expoiting who?

At the same time, France is a country where the level of taxing is higher than 50% and higher to 60% if we take in account the national debt and the paying of the civil servant's retirement, and we are among the highest consumer of antidepressant drugs.
    This doesn't really apply... unless you have stats that say more French people suffer from depression than in other, lower-taxed countries. I work very closely with colleagues in France, sending American students to study there, and my French colleagues are always astonished at how many American students report suffering from depression. I don't have stats, but I would be very surprised if the depression rate in France was more than in the US. The difference is that French doctors are more likely to prescribe medications for ANY condition than American doctors. (I took a student to the doctor who had a common cold when I was working in France, and she came away with 3 prescriptions! A US doctor will basically prescribe rest and liquids for a cold.)
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    If I could only take home half of what I make, I would move.
    Do you think you would make as much as you do if there were no tax?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Do you think you would make as much as you do if there were no tax?
    Hell no we need taxes.

There is more revenue potential in reforming the tax code and broadening the base while lowering rates, than there is in soaking the rich.