User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    The economic values can be stupid, the fear of russians can be stupid, anyway, the potential of stupidity of humans is too high to let them take decisions for their similars. For the natural selection, it works only when you guaranteed the maximum of freedom to everybody, and so, that the power and prerogatives of the Stae are maintained to the minimum (if theire's a state).
    try making some valid points that i can reply to if you wish to continue this. just saying that something is stupid is stupid(and yes i got the funny logic twist on this sentence)
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    try making some valid points that i can reply to if you wish to continue this. just saying that something is stupid is stupid(and yes i got the funny logic twist on this sentence)
    If you read well, I'm not saying about something specific that it is stupid.

I'm saying that politicians can be as stupid than other peoples, ans so that they can't thake decisions for them.

And you have nothing to answer to that.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    A few more Occupy movements should do the trick.
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

Without a stated goal, or any greater level of coherence than we see now, Occupy will remain the drum circle in the park it has been.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

If you read well, I'm not saying about something specific that it is stupid.

I'm saying that politicians can be as stupid than other peoples, ans so that they can't thake decisions for them.

And you have nothing to answer to that.
    if you read more carefully, you might notice how i told that this is not about stupidity/low IQ, but about political values that these politics try to push forward. if you want to argue against my view about this not being about how smart someone is, but about political values, go ahead and do that. if you arent going to, i dont care to listen to this "lol stupid politicians" shit
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

if you read more carefully, you might notice how i told that this is not about stupidity/low IQ, but about political values that these politics try to push forward. if you want to argue against my view about this not being about how smart someone is, but about political values, go ahead and do that. if you arent going to, i dont care to listen to this "lol stupid politicians" shit
    You're acting like a Feeler. I say "it might be stupid" you answer "it is valuable to me". That doesn't change anything, it can still be stupid.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

To be honest the politicians aren't the problem.

The problem is the never ending campaign cycle, and the fact that to have any reasonable shot at a higher office one must fall in with one of the parties.

As political parties have gained strength politicians have been increasingly forced to toe the line of the party platform creating a dichotomous political system with no avenue for action outside of the platforms of either Republicans or Democrats.

I am certain, that if it was feasible and there would be no blowback, a large portion of our elected officials would be willing to put good governance in front of the party platform.

Unfortunately, public discourse on politics is so paltry that most just look to the parties to decide their opinions for them, and thus those trying to act outside of the party system have little chance of reaching the public.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

Without a stated goal, or any greater level of coherence than we see now, Occupy will remain the drum circle in the park it has been.
    Yeah, I wasn't being serious.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

You're acting like a Feeler. I say "it might be stupid" you answer "it is valuable to me". That doesn't change anything, it can still be stupid.
    wtf, i didnt say that something is valuable to me, i was talking about the values that the specific politicians represent, which the people vote on..

now go away with your feeler projections
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

wtf, i didnt say that something is valuable to me, i was talking about the values that the specific politicians represent, which the people vote on..

now go away with your feeler projections
    So it's "the value of the group" and not "your personal values", Fe instead of Fi, but it still F.

Anyway, your POV is not based on reason.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Most of the opinions in this thread are completely retarded and based off total ignorance of the facts. I'd go into more detail, but, at this point, I've had this argument so many times, and the complete ignorance displayed by such a huge % of the population when it comes to this matter has finally, as of the reading of this thread, eliminated my belief that you people deserve anything better than what you get. Your ignorance brought this about, and, based on your stated opinions, your ignorance is still pervasive.

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    TARP helped prevent global economic meltdown.
    Amazingly, the only intelligent opinion I've seen in this thread is the one above.

(I read most, but not all of the thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I'm of the opinion that we should have allowed the banks that were going to fail, fail. I'm not certain that the world would have plunged into chaos.
    You're wrong on both these counts.

Greater education in the history of financial crises would rectify this problem.