User Tag List

12311 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    intp

Default What do you think is the most cowardly action in a fight?

Personally for me it's head butting. Normally they will begin the fight with a head butt to your face whilst you are still talking them at very close range. Unlike a punch you have absolutely no chance of avoiding a head butt because of the close range proximity and surprise. Often a head butt to the face will result in a broken nose and this cowardly act that has taken you by complete surprise is often followed up with more violence. Only lower form animals head butt & normally for mating rights.

I find it such a cowardly and disgusting action that I believe the head butt alone should carry a three year mandatory prison sentence per butt + prison time for any resulting damage + prison time for any further violence and harm.

What are your opinions on head butting?

What do you believe is cowardly and disgusting that sometimes takes place in a fight?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think that unprovoked violence and further violence towards people who're downed is cowardly full stop, the means is of little importance to me in passing that judgement.

I've known occasions when a head butt has saved my skin or that of friends when assailled suddenly or by taller opponents.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think that unprovoked violence and further violence towards people who're downed is cowardly full stop, the means is of little importance to me in passing that judgement.

I've known occasions when a head butt has saved my skin or that of friends when assailled suddenly or by taller opponents.
    I'd tend to agree.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

kicking/hitting on the balls, nothing is more cowardly than that. attacking someone who is already on the ground and not getting up comes close to that too tho. surprise attacks come third.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

garbage

The colonial times were kind of weird, in that respect. We had strict rules in how we conducted duels and wars. Fun times!

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    attacking someone who is already on the ground and not getting up
    This is my answer.

Although if I get mugged or something, I'd (ideally) do everything that I could to make sure that I'm safe.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    The colonial times were kind of weird, in that respect. We had strict rules in how we conducted duels and wars. Fun times!

This is my answer.

Although if I get mugged or something, I'd (ideally) do everything that I could to make sure that I'm safe.
    yea i think more people should learn some manners, even in fighting. thats the reason i like low lvl duel leagues in diablo 2, since its all good mannered duels with good players, not some random newbies trying to randomly attack you..

when it comes to someone trying to rob me(without some weapon), i think some attacks towards him would be way too brutal and dangerous, for example i would avoid certain types of hits to certain areas of the neck, even tho they would be really effective, i wouldnt try to kick him in the balls, try to kick his knees in or brake his arm from his elbow. but all this would naturally change(except the neck thing maybe), if he was trying to brake the "rules" that im following or had a knife(in which case i would think really hard whether i would even try to go against him, someone good with knife is nearly impossible to win without any sort of weapon unless you get really lucky).
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Banned
    MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    yea i think more people should learn some manners, even in fighting. thats the reason i like low lvl duel leagues in diablo 2, since its all good mannered duels with good players, not some random newbies trying to randomly attack you..

when it comes to someone trying to rob me(without some weapon), i think some attacks towards him would be way too brutal and dangerous, for example i would avoid certain types of hits to certain areas of the neck, even tho they would be really effective, i wouldnt try to kick him in the balls, try to kick his knees in or brake his arm from his elbow. but all this would naturally change(except the neck thing maybe), if he was trying to brake the "rules" that im following or had a knife(in which case i would think really hard whether i would even try to go against him, someone good with knife is nearly impossible to win without any sort of weapon unless you get really lucky).
    Diablo 2 has to be my all time favourite pc game. Had the expansion pack but never played on line though. The amount of infantry space used to always annoy me though. You have pointed out a fair few nasty tactics but the head butt is still my number one no no. It's because these animals usually lure you into it with a smile on their face then bang in goes the nut. True it might be best to just comply if someone is armed it's certainly not something worth risking your life about if complying will resolve the situation. money is certainly worth less than life. I picked up a few moves in the Army about how to deal with an armed assailant but basically if it was just a street robbery I wouldn't even bother trying. If you think the guy is seriously intent on using the weapon then I think you should employ your neck tactics and anything you deem fit to render him harmless except stamping on his head just kick to his face and head if required or break a limb. I think anyone carrying a lethal weapon should get life meaning life.

Banned
    MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

Ah Ireland your picking up on a Scottish trait. So basically you and your friends all use the head butt as a fighting tactic ? This is rather peculiar because the habit of head butting is rare but you have friends that also use it ? or are you chief in charge of head butting and generally dish it out whenever your friends are in trouble ? I didn't realise Ireland was a hot spot of sudden attacks. I am a bit confused by the assailed suddenly or by ? reading it this way it states it is fine to head butt anyone taller than you in a fight, you didn't say much larger. Do you use a flying head butt Mona Lisa style like Bob Hoskins ? or head butt them in the nose breaking it ? obviously them being taller than you it's impossible to deliver a head butt forehead to forehead. And why does an opponents height allow you to employ this brutal cowardly tactic ? can't you just tip a taller man up and mount him till he's defenceless ? I totally agree with not attacking your opponent when downed unless it's beyond a normal fight. Ie : If the guy head butts you or goes for any of the tactics INTP has mentioned then its best to put an end to it if your opponent goes down. The one thing that should never be done is to stamp on someone's head. The tactic of stamping on an opponents head is my new number one no no. I think it should automatically carry a six year mandatory prison sentence per stamp + further prison time for actual damage etc.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Most of these arguments appear to those of the vanquished whining about how 'unfair' it was that so-and-so kicked them in the balls/headbutt them, eye gouged, etc. As if to say, if only they didn't do that one terrible thing, I would have won. I believe that the only fair fight is the one you weren't prepared for. If you are engaging in combat - it is just that. I think very carefully about what I will and will not engage in combat over, if it passes the test and i engage than nothing is off limits, I intend to win beyond the shadow of a doubt. If you are not willing to risk having your knees broken, eyes plucked from your face, ears rent from your head, testicles crushed, and skull stove in - DO NOT FIGHT. You can never know for sure the intent or skill of your opponent, whether or not they will proceed to killing you after you have been knocked down/out, why risk fighting like you are in a sparring match with a buddy and losing everything? So, I think all techniques/methods once engaged in combat with another human are above contempt (if the reason for fighting is sound).
    However, there are cowardly and dishonorable ways that people engage in fights. I think it is cowardly in all but a very few circumstances to have a bunch of people ganging up on one opponent. This is what most 'gangstas' do and they are cowards and most couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag alone. Ambush is for thugs (cowards) and warfighters (mission accomplishment) and they are two very different things, but should not be used unless the enemy needs to die or be captured for detainment.

There are a few others but I have work to do.

Never drop your guard.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by godscollie View Post
    Personally for me it's head butting. Normally they will begin the fight with a head butt to your face whilst you are still talking them at very close range.
    This is precisely the reason I never allow someone to talk to me aggressively at such a close proximity. If someone is talking to me aggressively in head butting range, and I sense there's going to be an altercation, I will take two steps back and warn them not to step forward and approach me. If they ignore the warning and approach me again, I will engage them.