User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Using a dead bad guy as a shield is badass.
    Lol

Banned
    MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    I'd technically be considered a nepiophile, though on rare occasions there are exceptions and I am still disappointed about your response in the other thread. I was really hoping to get some insight on your swallowing skills, so as to see them put to good use.

*Is the bolded your playlist for our imminent intimate encounter? I'm not really feeling it, I'd prefer something like this.
    Listen peadophile. Make our intimate encounter today
    Last edited by godscollie; 05-07-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    The most cowardly action in most fights is ... fighting.
    I cant really agree with that, I would like to live in a world without any sort of force, I totally hate might makes right philosophies and realpolitik, although I've found that my opinion of these things doesnt make them cease altogether and therefore I think there is always going to be a place for legitimate use of force and justification for violence or war.

The last time I was assaulted the group I was in had at least one person who was prepared to run from a group of people who had approached us right away, I mean the minute this group noticed us he was prepared to run like an athelete, my brothers, the other two of our party of four, were just walking with me and I sort of wanted everyone to remain calm since my training for work had indicated that most aggression typically has a trigger and we had not so much as spoken to these others who'd approached us.

That evening I discovered that that training is sort of bullshit for pretty highly structured environments in which different expectations prevail to the streets, it was an interesting reality check because it demonstrated to me the extent to which I'd unconsciously lost a lot of street smarts or preparedness which were second nature.

On that occasion the ring leader had put his hands up palms outward and said "no trouble, no trouble, we dont want no trouble" and took a step back, however he was raising his hands to punch me and taking a step back to get swinging space, he'd also checked that I had a newspaper in one hand and bottle of water in the other so unable to either defend quickly or strike back.

There was about two or three of them to one and the runner in our party took off, we heard later from him by phone when we were in the hospital waiting to talk to police, now the shaming he had to deal with from my brothers friends for cowardice in the face of the enemy was unreal, I felt it went too far even. Some people are just cowards and will run out on their friends, its more fool to expect something different from them when you know that about them. In addition to their numbers they were packing bottles and threw and tried to use in the insuing scuffles before the locals came to their doors and they took off.

It wasnt a stand up fight at all, it was an ambush on the unsuspecting, its left me with some trauma about similar situations, and pretty cowardly of those involved. Although that area is notorious, a large group of young people (late teens and early twenties) had been street drinking and I think in the previous weeks there'd be someone killed in the area when someone had pulled a knife in a bar. So I think there are neighbourhoods everywhere which are full of scumbags, intergenerational trauma, hard heartedness and violence, qualms about honourable fighting in contact with people from there is foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    ***HEADS-UP: I reversed the order of your questions.***

The most cowardly and disgusting aspect specific to physical violence is initiating it without cause, period.

It is especially disgusting when the act is also one of bullying, when there was no real offense committed by one person toward the other, when violence is used to intimidate, control, oppress, humiliate people just for the sake of meanness.

That type of shit really pisses me off.
    I've never tolerated it in my life, whether someone tried to start shit with me, or be an asshole to someone in my proximity.
    It amazes me how apathetic alot of people are, when something like that is going on right in front of a crowd of people and no one does anything.
    Fuck that.
    Got to say I agree with that aggression shouldnt pay, I dont like public apathy either.

Last time I saw some bad violence, like someone get properly slammed into the pavement and bleed badly I was in a company of others and prioritised getting them out of the scene, some other people were intervening a least verbally, saying stop it to the guy dropping the other guy, making phone calls to the police or I think one or two had filmed it. There's always something you can do in a situation like that, a good witness who is going to see something remember all the details and have the balls to make statements and back those up with appearences in court if need be is a rare thing and probably as important or more than being an awesome street fighter.

I've been involved in a lot of situations were I wish people stood to see what was taking place and instead they duck and covered to a seperate room, afterwards when I spoke to police about it they told me it was my word against theirs and to forget about it pretty much. I've been in others were witnesses were useless because despite being right there and watching it all start to relate in excitement something from a movie they seen or how they morally felt the situation unfolded or some other sort of fogged up bullshit.

Probably the most efficient one.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    if it is a fight with no emotional stimulus ( competition) only first should be used, everyhting else is cheap.

If you are fighting for your life, anythign can be used,

If someone picks a fight with you and you dont wantto fight, headbuts arent that big a deal; high kick him in the face.

If you are the one pickign a fight, prepare for the headbutt.

UFC teaches kids these days to hit people on the ground. I think any type of ground game is cheap ( people usually take people down as a form of "running away" to get the advantage).
    Its not that its cheap its just how any real fight would end up. Most real and serious fights end up on the ground and the fighters know how to defend off their back. UFC tries to simulate real fighting as much as possible even though its still bound by rules.

MBTI
    XXFP

What kind of fight?

Fight with rules: should have rules, play by them.
    Random attack, depends if they are really planning to seriously injure or kill you/someone else. If it's an unprovoked attack i believe that the attacker was aware of the risks involved and it's more than ok to seriously injure them.

If it's a "macho fight" meaning a contest of acting tough or something it's probably best to avoid it but in that case...I don't really know, i don't do that kinda thing. If they are just drunk/emotionally disturbed do what you need to do to take them down and restrain them or demonstrate they shouldn't mess with you and let them go, either way, depends on situation.

Cowardice involves not stepping up for yourself or others when you have the chance/ability, using disproportionate force (threat of disproportionate force qualifies as an assault but a good bluff while a risky proposition, seems legitimate - ie pulling weapon "stand back hands up"), fighting after the fight is done, or engaging non-combatants (perhaps more). No one "move" is particularly bad in my mind.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    XXFP

Also, in any verbal altercation where they are getting close put your hands up.

not the best example and i don't mean "show me your hands" police hands up i mean something like "hey, i'm explaining myself" palms out which is both a calming gesture "i have no weapon" but also a good way to protect your head/push if needed.

watch their hips and if they take a step back on one leg. sucker punch incoming.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Fighting at all is usually a sign of cowardice--fear of being seen as weak or somehow deficient. What takes real courage is stepping away, just when the opportunity to tear into someone becomes ripe.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Fighting at all is usually a sign of cowardice--fear of being seen as weak or somehow deficient. What takes real courage is stepping away, just when the opportunity to tear into someone becomes ripe.
    What takes real courage is to stand up or stand against.

Stepping away, to the extent it just avoids the problem (and by so doing makes it worse later) is cowardice.

Certainly there are situations where extricating yourself is the better call.

But I will always say it's more courageous to stand up than too walk away.

EDIT - In a group fight, the most cowardly action is abandoning your friends.