Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by godscollie View Post
    I don't condone any of his behaviour it's the same old excuse I saw it when I was young so please condone it off of me. He seriously has some angers issues and needs to seek help. Poor you at least your out of it now. You are very understanding and fair in your appraisal that he didn't behave like his dad shows you have a nice balanced character but I don't think you should let any man pull your hair or physically intimidate you x
    Well I am not the most pleasant or non-confrontational person in the world, and in fact one of the things he said to me is "I like that I could never actually beat you. You've got those muscular arms, you can fight back, and if I overpowered you and did any kind of serious damage, you're the kind that would just pick up a butcher knife and stab me."

I seriously think he feared for the way he would behave with a more submissive woman. Like I wondered if he did date some woman was really extremely small or weak or just psychologically passive, if he actually would have started beating her more severely, just because he could. I don't think he likes those kinds of women though, he always acted like he admired really tough women. Like Wendy O. Williams (no not joking).

Still, yes, he has Borderline Personality Disorder. He severely needed help, and while he took anger management classes, all it taught him was things like to walk away or to do other things to release anger, or to tell me not to ever follow him or anyone else I was fighting with - apparently one of the things they teach in anger management is that the abused person sometimes will follow the person with an anger problem and keep arguing with them, and it escalates. I realized he was right about this, because I actually learned to physically walk away FROM HIM (ironically) and when I went back to live with my mom in WV I realized I may have learned that behavior from my mom, because any time I tried to walk away from her in an argument she would follow me down the hall, sometimes beating on my bedroom door, one time throwing an ice cube at my descending back. I suddenly understood how my mother had gotten beaten by her second husband.

But yeah, he wouldn't get help. The anger management class just taught him basic coping skills that would have worked for a person without a mental illness, and he has a severe personality disorder, I truly think it's beyond his control, because he would cry about it and say he was sorry and beg me not to leave him.

He never got help, though, not in a timely manner, so I never went back. Leaving him was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. Because that was only like a small part of his personality. It was like when we got along it was fantastic, like we were best friends and totally inseparable, and when it was bad, it was awful.

I think that defined all of his relationships, though, even with his friends. Love/hate worship/devaluation. That's why I'm pretty confident what he has is Borderline Personality Disorder.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    when it comes to someone trying to rob me(without some weapon), i think some attacks towards him would be way too brutal and dangerous, for example i would avoid certain types of hits to certain areas of the neck, even tho they would be really effective
    Good point. I'm gonna refine what I said--if it's less about self-defense and more about torture or escalation, that's when things have gotten cowardly. Well.. if not cowardly, then something bad. Maybe malevolent.

I have next to no experience with self-defense (thankfully), but I'd say--ideally, incapacitate someone only to the extent that you have to. Stand up for yourself, but don't torture the damn guy.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by godscollie View Post
    Personally for me it's head butting. Normally they will begin the fight with a head butt to your face whilst you are still talking them at very close range. Unlike a punch you have absolutely no chance of avoiding a head butt because of the close range proximity and surprise. Often a head butt to the face will result in a broken nose and this cowardly act that has taken you by complete surprise is often followed up with more violence. Only lower form animals head butt & normally for mating rights.

I find it such a cowardly and disgusting action that I believe the head butt alone should carry a three year mandatory prison sentence per butt + prison time for any resulting damage + prison time for any further violence and harm.

What are your opinions on head butting?

What do you believe is cowardly and disgusting that sometimes takes place in a fight?
    who cares what's "cowardly" or not? there are only 2 objectives of a fight
    - defending yourself (and anyone you are protecting)
    - make sure they know that they will get hurt if they mess with you again.

honor is for the weak, the simple and the naive

Edit: if I wanted to prove how tough I was or engage in a useless cock swinging contest, I'd play a sport, not something that has a high risk of permanently injuring me. useless fights and caring about one's pride over their well being are signs of
    - low confidence
    - low self esteem
    - masochism
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Banned
    MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Real men show love. Boys show egos.
    Thank you for the lovely compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    The most cowardly and disgusting action in a tickle fight is peeing. Hands down.
    Lol

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    who cares what's "cowardly" or not? there are only 2 objectives of a fight
    - defending yourself (and anyone you are protecting)
    - make sure they know that they will get hurt if they mess with you again.

if I wanted to prove how tough I was or engage in a useless cock swinging contest, I'd play a sport
    *looks around*

Looks like some of us care.

there are only 2 objectives of a fight
    I find that hard to believe.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post

... Chaotic Evil?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

... Chaotic Evil?
    Nah, a chaotic evil would do bad things for pleasure. Neutrals focus on self protection.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

... Chaotic Evil?
    chaotic in general, mostly chaotic neutral actually. neutral types place their own well being and survival above the well being and survival of others, particularly their enemies. evil (as far as D and D is concerned) implies a lust for vengeance or for punishing those different than you. "honor" in terms of what most people mean by it and how i a used the term in the above quote denotes placing the desire to "prove yourself" above your own well being and survival.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Nah, a chaotic evil would do it for pleasure. Neutrals focus on self protection.
    you beat me to it lol
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Nah, a chaotic evil would do bad things for pleasure. Neutrals focus on self protection.
    True. Self-protection or self-preservation seems to be the primary motive of the neutral type (in my observation) and then as individuals they can "lean" toward good or evil.