User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Creating a flag

A window to the soul

Don't everyone trip over each other to compliment my beautiful flag proudly flown above the fightin' Texas Aggie bonfire. WHOOP!

I know, I know, it's so politically incorrect because people are so uneducated about the rebel flag, it's awesome.

Not my problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Don't everyone trip over each other to compliment my beautiful flag proudly flown above the fightin' Texas Aggie bonfire. WHOOP!

I know, I know, it's so politically incorrect because people are so uneducated about the rebel flag, it's awesome.

Not my problem!

There's not been comments on most of the posters who've shared flags, did you think there would be a response to yours? Where you hoping for one?

I dont think the confederacy flag is as controversial as it may have been a long time ago, confederate values have been ascendent in the US, probably even the world, since about the time Jimmy Carter had to go on the record that he was a southern baptist or born again Christians or something like that. Most of the revisionist and academic political tracks explaining secessionist politics have been kept and are filtered out online, a lot of the union political tracks, besides speeches by Lincoln, not so much.

The geopolitics surrounding the US civil war are not widely known or dont interest people either, I love this part of US history and at this stage the US was still like the third world nations which todays super powers use as pawns in proxy wars. I obviously wouldnt have any sympathy for the confederacy, not simply because of the official support for or complicity in slavery but other aspects of their cause, specifically the protestant ascendency.

I thought the bonfire was burning man for some reason and thought it was a clever combination of the traditional and bohemian

You know that creating your flag was a suggested activity in Steal This Book by Abbie Hoffman, I think his youth international, the yippies, had a flag too:

I think that some of the militia movement and Claire Wolfe's supporters were a fan of the exercise too but as a sort of illustrating how stupid they thought that the oath of allegiance was.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Love it!!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

i would make somethign with meaning and substance. Oh canada, a fucking leaf, are you kidding me.
    1+1=3 OMFG