User Tag List

Default May Day! May Day! May Day!

Origins of May Day

History of NY May Day

NYC Police Training

Banks Scared

New Media Coverage over your Mainstream ones. (if they decide to cover it or not is iffy anyways.) Media for the 99%

How can something that has been so part of the American past become so indemnified as some "communist trend." (No, @Lark, I'm not going to go there because I am not the one who make these sort of comparisons) And why is it that we are the only nation where we don't even get a day off on such a day?

Anyhow, there is a new global movement coming to town as May Day seems to be a special day to most nations outside of America. Protest (even if it is as little as not using facebook for a day) whatever, make your voices heard because your big banks are already scared shitless about this day.

I'm quite sure some European Nations will have an even bigger impact on this day seeing how messed up Greece, Spain, Portugal, and Italy are over there.

Anyhow, protest any way you like (though not in a break-stuffy kind of way.) Don't use your Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, etc cards and banks for the day unless it is union operated. Bring Facebook to a halt for the day (for each person not on, the more the network dissipates.) Use little to no gas for the day, don't pay for anything or pay little for it during May Day. Do something you see as valid, but won't hurt you. Don't tell your boss to F*** Off just because it is May Day, but throw some passive-aggressiveness over his way.

Find some way to protest, turn off your favorite T.V. station or T.V. together. Just something....

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    How can something that has been so part of the American past become so indemnified as some "communist trend." (No, @Lark, I'm not going to go there because I am not the one who make these sort of comparisons) And why is it that we are the only nation where we don't even get a day off on such a day?
    Answered your own question. And we've already got Labor Day in September, right? Plenty of people would love Labor Day twice per year.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

I'm not sure why I got a mention on this topic and what that mention means.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

<<< May Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Answered your own question. And we've already got Labor Day in September, right? Plenty of people would love Labor Day twice per year.
    Well, what I meant is, the U.S. decided to change it to September because they wanted no association to Russia EVEN though there was some sort of significance to May Day. So, those before us (in recent generations) thought that Russia was hijacking that day and decided to move it to September to have no association to "Communism."

These days, it is either called Law Day or "Loyalty" Day, which is sort of a disrespect to those that fought for 8 hour work day and fair treatment.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Isn't labor day kind of a shill concession to try to control when these kind of feelings can be expressed?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Isn't labor day kind of a shill concession to try to control when these kind of feelings can be expressed?
    Like how a law tells you when you can and cannot protest. And that there needs to be a law where you need to get access to protest.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm not sure why I got a mention on this topic and what that mention means.
    It was in a large post above:

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    (No, @Lark, I'm not going to go there because I am not the one who make these sort of comparisons)
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.