User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Yes. But at least he's given humane and predictable treatment by his handlers and can have some measure of trust, I am assuming. He would have no way to understand why people are suddenly so rough and unpredictable.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    What's "impatient detox"?
    It's clearly a typo. No need to get nit-picky.

And I think if you get so drunk that you don't remember you stole a penguin, you need a 28 day involuntary detox at the very least, to make sure you don't get that drunk again. Or god knows what else you'll do drunk that you have no recollection of the next day.
    Overreacting. Tons of people break laws everyday while drunk and young and still end up being perfectly responsible people.

I've taken an alcohol course before and the only useful thing I learned was that I could safely ingest much more alcohol than I thought I could.

The state's money would be better spent sending those security guards to 28 days of security training.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    It's clearly a typo. No need to get nit-picky.

Overreacting. Tons of people break laws everyday while drunk and young and still end up being perfectly responsible people.

I've taken an alcohol course before and the only useful thing I learned was that I could safely ingest much more alcohol than I thought I could.

The state's money would be better spent sending those security guards to 28 days of security training.
    Spoken like an alky.

MBTI
    INTp

goes to show that penguins are cute to intoxicated men. i shall take a note of that. :p

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

This

Quote Originally Posted by azulatheavatar View Post
    goes to show that penguins are cute to intoxicated men. i shall take a note of that. :p
    + this

Imagine being kidnapped in the middle of the night by rowdy drunk males, set down in a roomful of them and neglected completely for several hours while they sleep it off, and then being picked up and dumped in a canal. Traumatizing an innocent creature. Not funny. Makes my heart hurt.

They reported the penguin as physically unharmed but said he was distressed. You assume he'll get over it and it means nothing, but you don't know that. Even if he does get over it, it's sickening to me that he experienced distress.

You don't think it qualifies as cruelty to animals? I do. And I think if you get so drunk that you don't remember you stole a penguin, you need a 28 day involuntary detox at the very least, to make sure you don't get that drunk again. Or god knows what else you'll do drunk that you have no recollection of the next day.
    = sexy penguin time
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Imagine being kidnapped in the middle of the night by rowdy drunk males, set down in a roomful of them and neglected completely for several hours while they sleep it off, and then being picked up and dumped in a canal. Traumatizing an innocent creature. Not funny. Makes my heart hurt.

They reported the penguin as physically unharmed but said he was distressed. You assume he'll get over it and it means nothing, but you don't know that. Even if he does get over it, it's sickening to me that he experienced distress.

You don't think it qualifies as cruelty to animals? I do. And I think if you get so drunk that you don't remember you stole a penguin, you need a 28 day involuntary detox at the very least, to make sure you don't get that drunk again. Or god knows what else you'll do drunk that you have no recollection of the next day.
    Sounds exactly like my kind of night out.

To the point though, I agree that it was stupid to do what they did, but I'm glad they didn't do something as stupid like club it to death
    and gave it some care and enjoyed its company.

Every single animal in this world goes through distress including humans, it's nature.

People wasting energy getting upset over this when it comes to animals when they should worry about the people
    who burn and torture animals - the makings of serial killers.

Interesting what you consider wasted energy. Not all pranks end up harmless.

Personally, I am not okay with the only difference in our attitude about this sort of event hinging strictly on the outcome. Sometimes the outcome has nothing to do with the severity of the error, so much as just dumb (bad) luck. I think we need to reconsider what constitutes a problem based on the (lack of) judgment that led to the event rather than just the result.

Dolphins died of drug overdose after a rave

Two dolphins at a Swiss theme park died after ingesting a heroin substitute around the same time as a weekend rave at the park last November, according to reports from Switzerland.

A toxicology report from a forensics institute in St. Gallen, Switzerland, showed tests found traces of the heroin substitute buprenorphine in the dolphins' urine, according to a report in London's Daily Mail online, citing Swiss media reports.

The dolphins died within five days of each other in November, after the area near their pool in the Connyland marine park had been rented out for a weekend rave, according to the reports.

Cornelis van Elk, a Dutch marine biologist, said the drugs turn off a part of the dolphins' brains which tells them when to surface for air.

Connyland keeper Nadja Gasser told local media how one of the dolphins, named Chelmers, died, according to the Daily Mail.

"He was drifting under the water and was clearly in trouble and so we jumped into the water.

"We tried to hold him. He was shaking all over and was foaming at the mouth.

"Eventually we got him out of the water. His tongue was hanging out. He could hardly breathe.

"He was given adrenalin, but it didn't help.

"After an hour the dolphin died."
    I'm guessing some ravers did something stupid under the influence too, like wondering how a dolphin would behave on a "trip", but it did not turn out so good for the dolphins.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke