User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 27

  1. #11
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    That's really not funny to me. I'm upset for the penguin. It disturbs me how people can involve an animal in a prank like that. I hope they get some mandatory inpatient detox treatment and some kind of sensitivity training, and a long probation.
    I can understand the last option, but what's the reasoning for the other two. There's really no evidence that they are alcoholics. If it was some kind of one night party then impatient detox really wouldn't accomplish anything. Sensitivity training would probably be a joke to them.

    While this was definitely a stupid decision, it really wasn't that bad. People kill birds everyday. People are only pissed off because they like Penguins.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  2. #12
    Rainy Day Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    It's not a scene from “The Hangover 3,” but it could easily pass for one. Three intoxicated friends slipped past Sea World Australia security, stripped down to their skivvies to swim with some dolphins, and took home a souvenir: Dirk the penguin. The perpetrators made a video the next morning in their hungover state, which attempted to show that they did not mean any harm to Dirk, 7News reported. The three mates panicked after waking up to a penguin in their home, and dropped Dirk off in a nearby canal, ABC reports. Dirk was found by a couple who returned the lost penguin to Sea World. His state was described as “distressed, but unhurt.” One of the thieves told 7News they were very “sorry” for the prank, which unintentionally went too far. The three men are charged with trespassing, stealing and unlawfully keeping a protected animal. They will appear in court next month
    Drunk Australians, penguin. Yeah, sounds about right.

  3. #13
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    Drunk Australians, penguin. Yeah, sounds about right.
    Actually, they're Welsh. Australia is off the hook this time.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  4. #14
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    YOLO!

    Or something.
    I thought this said @ygolo at first! I was like "Is he known for this sort of thing?!"
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  5. #15
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    You have to consider the climate and environmental changes and their effects on the protected animal, had the penguin not been found.
    But it wasn't harmed. It was fine. They're being charged accordingly, so I don't really see the problem.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  6. #16
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I can understand the last option, but what's the reasoning for the other two. There's really no evidence that they are alcoholics. If it was some kind of one night party then impatient detox really wouldn't accomplish anything. Sensitivity training would probably be a joke to them.

    While this was definitely a stupid decision, it really wasn't that bad. People kill birds everyday. People are only pissed off because they like Penguins.
    What's "impatient detox"?
    Sensitivity training would be a joke to them, yes. That's why they need it. *sigh*
    People killing birds also upsets me. It has nothing to do with a special liking for penguins.

  7. #17
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    That's really not funny to me. I'm upset for the penguin. It disturbs me how people can involve an animal in a prank like that. I hope they get some mandatory inpatient detox treatment and some kind of sensitivity training, and a long probation.
    but the penguin got to experience a world that he might not had ever experienced without the help of those drunken fellows
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  8. #18
    Senior Member Munchies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    ^ Exactly what I thought. That is horrible. Poor penguin.




    .
    lol i bet you eat meat all the time
    1+1=3 OMFG

  9. #19
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Imagine being kidnapped in the middle of the night by rowdy drunk males, set down in a roomful of them and neglected completely for several hours while they sleep it off, and then being picked up and dumped in a canal. Traumatizing an innocent creature. Not funny. Makes my heart hurt.

    They reported the penguin as physically unharmed but said he was distressed. You assume he'll get over it and it means nothing, but you don't know that. Even if he does get over it, it's sickening to me that he experienced distress.

    You don't think it qualifies as cruelty to animals? I do. And I think if you get so drunk that you don't remember you stole a penguin, you need a 28 day involuntary detox at the very least, to make sure you don't get that drunk again. Or god knows what else you'll do drunk that you have no recollection of the next day.

  10. #20
    XES 5231311252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Imagine being kidnapped in the middle of the night by rowdy drunk males, set down in a roomful of them and neglected completely for several hours while they sleep it off, and then being picked up and dumped in a canal. Traumatizing an innocent creature. Not funny. Makes my heart hurt.

    They reported the penguin as physically unharmed but said he was distressed. You assume he'll get over it and it means nothing, but you don't know that. Even if he does get over it, it's sickening to me that he experienced distress.

    You don't think it qualifies as cruelty to animals? I do. And I think if you get so drunk that you don't remember you stole a penguin, you need a 28 day involuntary detox at the very least, to make sure you don't get that drunk again. Or god knows what else you'll do drunk that you have no recollection of the next day.

    It's fucked up that the penguin is locked up under the guise of altruism in the first place; they've basically been reduced to prostitutes.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

Similar Threads

  1. Songs from the world (only cool songs)
    By Mustafa in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-27-2016, 02:41 PM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 09:21 AM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 03:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO