User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I know my analytical posts are "boring" because they do not use emotion or try to get people into an irrational state of mind. I take that as a compliment, actually. Accuracy of thought often requires that level of detachment. I would still be curious to see you try to respond to it.
    I don't think your posts are that rationals since you may actually like trans-gender, and then your reasoning is partial. While the mine is not, I have nothing against transgender as long as they respect the freedom of others people. I'am less using emotions than theses transgender who claim they are victims of something while they are just victims of their personal choices and try to impose the consequences on others.

Which is exactly the point of these discussions. You have just made the perfect argument to support the rights of a transgendered individual against the selfish interest of a group. This is the issue that has been going on for too long, and is just now surfacing

You do get it, but you only see it from one side. Just apply your argument for all cases of individuals against the group.
    You don't realize that the selfish group here is the group of transgender who want to impose their selfish interest to the indidual who don't necessarly want to hire them.

You arbitrarly decide that the needs of the transgender are more valuable than the needs of the compagnies boss. As I said you are partial.

And the State has no competence to decide who is competent or not to work in a private compagny. Only the private owners and managers themselves, who are directly involved in the field of production and buisness have that competence. Every decisions that the State could do would be purely arbitrary and would simply defend the interest of a lobby. Nothing more. So the State should stay away from this and respect individual's freedom.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I don't think your posts are that rationals since you may actually like trans-gender, and then your reasoning is partial. While the mine is not, I have nothing against transgender as long as they respect the freedom of others people. I'am less using emotions than theses transgender who claim they are victims of something while they are just victims of their personal choices and try to impose the consequences on others.
    Oh wow, this thread is about to get interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You don't realize that the selfish group here is the group of black people who want to impose their selfish interest to the indidual who don't necessarly want to hire them.

You arbitrarly decide that the needs of the African American are more valuable than the needs of the compagnies boss. As I said you are partial.

And the State has no competence to decide who is competent or not to work in a private compagny. Only the private owners and managers themselves, who are directly involved in the field of production and buisness have that competence. Every decisions that the State could do would be purely arbitrary and would simply defend the interest of a lobby. Nothing more. So the State should stay away from this and respect individual's freedom.
    See what I did there?
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    From a purely pragmatic viewpoint, reassignment surgery and other medical resolutions have a much higher success rate in practical experience than psychotherapy in resolving gender dysphoric conditions. That's simply part of the literature from any non-religious affiliated medical study. Both the AMA and the APA also have issues statements supporting such treatment when attending physicians and therapists agree it is in the best interests of the patient.
    If a guy have psychologicals problem and believe he is a woman, that's his problem, and there's no reason to tax people in order to pay him surgery.

If he wants some surgical operation, he has to work hard to pay it. That would bring more sense to his life, and maybe that active lifestyle could allow him to put some distance with his problems of identity, his neurotism and his egotic hysteria, and then solve his problem even better than surgery or psychterapy.

Should we also pay tax to allow a guy who believe he is a monkey to to pay a surgical operation which could make him look like a monkey? Tssk, it's the same thing.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I have seen you post about this a lot, speed, but I don't think I've seen a reason you are so upset about it. I'm interested, what bothers you so much? Do you get angry at hermaphrodites (intersexed)?
    It's not really that I'am upset. I've some friends who are transvestites so I suppose that transgenders are OK. What is irritating is all that militantism to impose their difference and personal choice to other people, also, the hypocrisy of the militants and the diabolisation of every people who would disagree with that.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Oh wow, this thread is about to get interesting
    Yes, you can thank me to turn something which could have been a simple auto-congratulation by the pro-transgender church into something more interesting.

I don't see why a boss would be forced to hire a black guy either. The compagnies which refuse to hire the blacks would be devoid of the competences of the competent black peoples, and they would have a hard time to face the competition with the compagnies which don't shy away to hire them.

So, as I said, the solution is free-concurence, prosperity, and laissez-faire capitalist, which lead to full employement, whether there is discrimination or not.
    ,Coercion, on the other hand; is not a solution, it deregulate the working of economy, make people hesitate to create compagnies and job and utimately create even more unemployement.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Where do you get your information on transsexuality and gender dysphoria? I assume it isn't the WHO, that's why I ask.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Entropic liked this post

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Where do you get your information on transsexuality and gender dysphoria? I assume it isn't the WHO, that's why I ask.
    Sometimes it's related on gender dysphoria.

Sometimes it's not and it's just a game and a whim. Let's them pay it and assume the consequences, ok?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

That's why they need a doctor's okay, it's a long procesy. That problem is already taken care of.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    That's why they need a doctor's okay, it's a long procesy. That problem is already taken care of.
    If they need a doctor, let them pay it. Don't force someone else to pay for them.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Oh, so you are against medical insurance in general. And against the state (i.e. society) providing a level playingfield. That's okay. But it's a political opinion, not a "fact". So now we are discussing ideologies, not the nature of transsexuality, quite a different topic.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari