User Tag List

Default Ron Paul opposes CISPA. Do you?

Of all the people who I think only shares half of my views, he sure has a way to get people on his side. If he had a chance as the Republican nominee, I'd certainly vote for him.

36 advocacy groups, 18 representatives, the internet, anonymous, and Ron Paul at large.

thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/technology/223067-cispa-is-the-new-sopa

It is a shame, I'm hoping enough people come by before day 25 (sometime around this week is when the house votes on the bills[4 of them total including CISPA])

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm afraid too few people even know about this because companies like Google won't get involved in a blackout to publicize this legislation.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'm afraid too few people even know about this because companies like Google won't get involved in a blackout to publicize this legislation.
    It is actually growing, it is not as fast as having Facebook, Google, and Wiki "blackout" their sites, but it is growing. The notion that Rogers claim that the opposition is like "turbulence on its way to the ground" is atrocious, once the word is out, it is out, and it seems to be getting bigger. If they decide to bring it up close to Obama, we'll keep on getting louder. If they pass the bill, we'll just keep getting louder.

We just need to throw our weight with the advocacy groups(and growing-wide spectrum of groups and people opposing the bill like Tim Berners-Lee.)

Ron Paul has actually help set the information loose in America.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/stop_cispa/?woKfadb I mean, look at all these Americans signing the petition. We'll need everyone in Canada to come on board because it'll affect you guys too. That C-something bill that is making its way in Canada is directly related to this bill. If this bill passes, know that it'll go to your borders too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I AM still worried though, I'm hoping the Senate will stick with their bill and that Obama decides to veto the CISPA bill if it gets to his desk (he hasn't say, though the administration gave a passive-aggressive warning to the people creating the bills.)