User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

People like her annoy me. You knew the nature of the school. You signed on the dotted line and joined it. WTF are you bitching about now?
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

"Everything that we stand for says that we want our teachers, who we consider to be in the ministry, to model what a Christian man or woman should be."
    Should be. Should be. . .
    Reading that evokes nausea.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i hope she sues the school, it goes bankrupt and they start some non wacko school in its place instead. schools should be owned by the government, and government(/institutions owned by it) and religion should never mix.

i think its ridiculous that some wackos preaching about how people need to be morally pure, behave in such immoral ways and fail to see it. but thats how the shadow functions..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i hope she sues the school, it goes bankrupt and they start some non wacko school in its place instead. schools should be owned by the government, and government(/institutions owned by it)
    I agree. All the best dictatorships feature government-controlled education.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    I agree. All the best dictatorships feature government-controlled education.
    i dont see what government ensuring free proper education for everyone has to do with dictatorship
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    ensuring proper education
    There's your answer.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    There's your answer.
    not really

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    A dictatorship is defined as an autocratic form of government in which the government is ruled by an individual: a dictator.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Like letting the government take away religious education, home-schooling, and whatever else in this country is really even a viable possibility.... Never gonna happen. Especially not with how crappy some of the public schools are.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    The core of the conflict is the definition of freedom. For some freedom means being able to impose personal beliefs or economic controls onto other people, and for others it is about personal freedoms related to how one lives their own life. The freedom to make others "do likewise" is a huge problem and basically asks the question "On what level of power should people be able to dictate control over others"? ...
    Your depiction of the struggle sounds biased. (and probably Jennifer's, too, just so you don't feel that I'm singling you out)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Of course, she could have gotten an abortion; thank goodness she was such a terrible role model that she decided to keep her baby and ensure she'd probably lose her job. What terrible morals. She should be ashamed. What type of woman takes responsibility for her actions and keeps her baby?
    Haha, nice. That was indeed a funny trap she found herself in. Well, except we shouldn't laugh.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Your depiction of the struggle sounds biased. (and probably Jennifer's, too, just so you don't feel that I'm singling you out)
    I'm not even sure what you are referring to at this point.

As stated a few times in the thread, my opinion is that I personally think the school's beliefs are unrealistic and unfair, but she committed to signing up to be a member of that group and must now take responsibility for that decision. (Basically you play with fire, you get burned.)

And I think the law will end up also supporting that view; I really doubt the school will be forced to reinstate her or recant, based on past precedent, and she might or might not get a settlement depending on how fortunate she is.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft