User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    This isn't a video game.. maybe it's different?!
    ' m pretty sure it is a game. And it also includes video [broadcast to the masses].

So, nop.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Perhaps those pressures came from the fact that they were ignoring legal documents that should've ensured equal rights for this person as a legal female.
    Where's the legitimacy of the state to decide who's a woman and who is a man?

The state has not more legitimacy to decide that a man is a woman than to decide that a jew is a meat for a gaz chamber.

One only thing is legitimate for sure: the jury of a competitition can decide who is allow to compete according to their own personal rules. If they consider that a transgender is not a real woman, they have the right to act according to that idea, that's called freedom of thought. When political pressures try to force them to change their mind, they restrict their freedom of thought and their freedom of action.

And there's no legitimacy for this.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post

The state has not more legitimacy to decide that a man is a woman than to decide that a jew is a meat for a gaz chamber.

One only thing is legitimate for sure: the jury of a competitition can decide who is allow to compete according to their own personal rules. If they consider that a transgender is not a real woman, they have the right to act according to that idea, that's called freedom of thought. When political pressures try to force them to change their mind, they restrict their freedom of thought and their freedom of action.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works on the current society.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not how it works on the current society.
    The beauty pageant seems to indacate the contrary.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

The beauty pageant seems to indacate the contrary.
    On the contrary, they depict quite accurately how society works.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

This contest was/will be held in Canada, yes? I can't be certain of their laws, obviously, but over here there are plenty of general anti-discrimination laws in place that would either ensure equal rights of someone like this contestant, or elicit a very strong reaction from political/nonpolitical figures on the basis alone that some laws that attempt to protect the rights of these people do exist to begin with.

I'll refer you here, to see what I mean.
    http://www.transgenderlaw.org
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

This contest was/will be held in Canada, yes? I can't be certain of their laws, obviously, but over here there are plenty of general anti-discrimination laws in place that would either ensure equal rights of someone like this contestant
    And that's precisely the problem. Discrimination is freedom. If a boss of a company doesn't want to engage someone, it's his right, same for the boss of a beauty pageant, he can refuse some people to compete. Theses anti-discrilination laws are a violation of freedom, and nothing else.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

And that's precisely the problem. Discrimination is freedom. If a boss of a company doesn't want to engage someone, it's his right, same for the boss of a beauty pageant, he can refuse some people to compete. Theses anti-discrilination laws are a violation of freedom, and nothing else.
    It's owned in part by NBC Universal- I'm pretty sure being reminded of anti-discriminatory laws, along with any political/public outcry served to remind them that excluding this one person might not be the best longterm business move, and might have caused them to reevaluate their decision. Law and ethics aside, it is a business, so perhaps they had that in mind, when they changed their minds, as well.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Whichever stance any individual or the masses tries to push onto the world, as the right way to go, will create polarity and generate the opposite in someone else, somewhere, sometime, somehow. It's the way of the universe.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

It's owned in part by NBC Universal- I'm pretty sure being reminded of anti-discriminatory laws, along with any political/public outcry served to remind them that excluding this one person might not be the best longterm business move, and might have caused them to reevaluate their decision. Law and ethics aside, it is a business, so perhaps they had that in mind, when they changed their minds, as well.
    They didn't change their decisions for buisness. And even if they had done it for taht reason, an alternative beauty pageant without transgender could emerge. problem is that anti-discrimnatory law forbid that, forcing everybody to allign on the same model. That's called dictatorship.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%