User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Yay, go gay and lesbian alliance against defamation! Woot. I like it when there is actually "good" news.

EDIT: Although, i'm not the biggest fan of these contests... they objectify women.ops.
    It's all good. I support their right to be objectified if they want to!
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    so this dudegirl is in a stupid beauty pageant in the girls section, and people want to know if the chickboy can qualify to win the girl's beauty pageant.

Answer: our species is doomed
    If this does in our species, we deserve to be dead already.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I have no problems with transgender, it's well known that there are visual physical things that show transgender and no one argues that those aren't real issues, so why wouldn't brains also have the potential for actual gender issues.

I do wonder about transgender in sports since a trans m->f still has the "benefits" of all that testosterone at some point (or whatever makes the males faster/stronger)

In this kind of visual thing I don't see why it would be a problem at all since it's all about looks.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

We men are simply far superior in the looks department.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    We men are simply far superior in the looks department.
    To whit, you're far more of a lady(s) than we'll ever be? *sigh*

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    To whit, you're far more of a lady(s) than we'll ever be? *sigh*
    I don't get it (Te is dumb ...).

Ti: Is this really an attack on my perceived masculinity? Seriously? You are probably tired. Take a break and go for coffee outside - it's a beautiful day.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    I don't get it (Te is dumb ...).

Ti: Is this really an attack on my perceived masculinity? Seriously? You are probably tired. Take a break and go for coffee outside - it's a beautiful day.
    Lol... not an attack, more like just a goofy joke. I'm a NP. It's always a joke, pokity poke... i don't even really know who you are.
    (and yes, I was just outside for an hour to get lunch, but now I have a meeting to attend. Blech.)

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Did anyone read the comments below the linked article on the OP?
    My poor brain is sore, now.

As for the woman in question, if pageants are what she's into, then good for her. They're not sampling her chromosomal setup for the contest- I'm pretty sure they typically don't bother with such things- so it seems irrelevant, to me.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

The simple fact that a transgender could compete in a beauty pageant for women is horrible and disgusting.

If the leaders and jury of the beauty pageant refuse to let the transgender compete, that's their right. There's no legitimacy to force them to accept the transgender in the BP. And anyone who support such kind of procedures support dictatorship.

That's it.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan