User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

It's not a hypothetical, though. If you're referring to what I said, I mean. A secure person is not going to be threatened by this situation, and what anyone might say after the fact is not going to change that. If you doubt yourself after learning the birth gender or surgical history of one of your competitors, the seeds of doubt were planted long before you found yourself in this situation.

I think, though, that the question of the judges' potential bias is entirely valid. I hope they're not biased toward or against her. But I would be concerned about the possibility, were I involved in the pageant.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 4w5, Sp/Sx
    Socionics: EII-INFj
    Life Path 11, Destiny Number 9
    Pisces Sun, Scorpio Moon, Libra Ascendant

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Good for her! And good for Trump for deciding to allow it.

But I agree about beauty pageants. Ick.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

1. It's not clear what the specific "rules" will be regarding transsexual participation in future Miss Universes... so it's not clear whether pre-op contestants would be accepted into the competition (in regards to the "junk in the swimsuit" comment earlier).

1a. Different states and/or countries have different rulings in regards to transsexuals. Some allow gender to be changed pre-op, some only post-op, and some not at all, legally. If the pageant keys off "legal gender," this would be unfair as a pre-op from one location could compete and a post-op from another location might not be permitted.

2. While it's a positive thing that GLAAD stepped in, they're a gay/lesbian alliance rather than a trans alliance, but here they are helping to form rules regarding transgenders. Gay/Lesbians and transpeople might be lumped together into the same boat politically and socially but don't necessarily understand each other's interests, so I wonder what sort of pact they have crafted. (We'll see.) Hopefully they included transpeople in their representatives to make sure interests were properly represented.

3. This article refers to 'transgender' whereas Jenna is specifically transsexual. transgender is a far broader term. It's very unclear who will be allowed to compete.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

They changed their ruling under political pressure? Why does that not surprise me when I consider the reasonable content of so many psychological textbooks from the not to distant past dealing with topics such as sexuality.

I really do think there's something savagely undemocratic or anti-democratic about these trends you know, that grievance of minorities are driving decision making in ways that seems just totally anathema to basic polling or majority preference or majority sense and sensibility.

And what if she loses? In a beauty contest which in many ways is a judgement of femininity if the transgendered contestant fails to impress who's to blame then and is the entire proceedings an exercise in social exclusion and bigotry?

What a mess. No doubt it'll be heralded as a victory by the seriously muddled world we're in.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Damn. Those gays brought the world another second closer to hell on earth.
    You should all be ashamed.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Oh I totally don't think it should even be known by anyone other than whoever the person who decides who can participate. Anyone in charge of judging should be judging them based on the same criteria.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

I like this, Trans people fascinate me not in the look a lion in a cage kind of way lets stare, but in a i'm interested in getting to know people who have had a different life experience than me. the closest to trans i've ever been is wanting a penis and i still do because i want to know what it feels like to pee out of one and jerk off and all other penis related activites but i want to keep my boobs.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by WheresRocket View Post
    I think, though, that the question of the judges' potential bias is entirely valid. I hope they're not biased toward or against her. But I would be concerned about the possibility, were I involved in the pageant.
    Which right away proves that the pageant is now about something other that being a beauty contest, its now about transgendered politics. Totally spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Oh I totally don't think it should even be known by anyone other than whoever the person who decides who can participate. Anyone in charge of judging should be judging them based on the same criteria.
    And if they decide that someone who is trans shouldnt participate, for whatever reasons, is that still the case or should a publicity campaign for the inclusion of transgendered people be mounted by a vocal minority?

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Agree!
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"