First 311121314 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    On one hand, most girls get breast augmentations, nose jobs, etc. So I don't see this as that big a deal. I don't care either way. Good for her. If I had any kind of hat in the ring I would be crying no fair to the fact that even though she is now female in every way, she was born male. They have less body fat, are taller, don't have much in the way of hips and that makes for a banging body. How can a female by birth compete with that? Difficult. However, I am ignorant of how hormone therapy affects transgenders. Does the hormones negate those things? Get more fatty tissue, etc. I'd like to know that.
    It won't impact bone structure if you've already passed through puberty, so if your shoulders got bigger and your hips didn't, and if your hand and feet got big, or you're really tall, you're out of luck.

However, HRT will impact a bunch of other things -- including breast growth, fatty deposit locations, hair or lack of it in the right spots, muscle tone, etc.

Jenna started on HRT at age 14, I think, so she would have mostly gone through puberty the way a cisgen girl would have.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

UPDATE on this:

http://news.yahoo.com/transgender-mi...034954927.html

Transgender Miss Universe Canada contestant loses

TORONTO (AP) — The first-ever transgender contestant to compete in the Miss Universe Canada pageant strutted the runway Saturday night, making it to the penultimate round before losing her bid to win the title.

Jenna Talackova, 23, competed with 61 contestants and was among the final 12 contestants before failing to make the final five in the glitzy pageant.

Sahar Biniaz, 26, claimed the crown and advances to the international Miss Universe competition in December.

Talackova, who was one of four contestants named Miss Congeniality, was born a male and underwent a sex change four years ago. The Vancouver, British Columbia, native was initially denied entry to Canada's pageant because she was not born female. Donald Trump, who runs the Miss Universe Organization, subsequently overruled that decision last month...

...Miss Universe publicity director Brenda Mendoza has said transgender competitors are now welcome at all of its pageants around the world.

But she says it's being left to the individual franchises to determine if the recent policy change is carried out.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't feel like this warrants an entirely new thread, because the topic is somewhat connected.

http://news.yahoo.com/miss-pennsylva...104658789.html

Miss Pennsylvania resigns, claims pageant rigged

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pennsylvania's representative at the Miss USA pageant is stepping down because she says the contest was rigged, while pageant officials counter she just disagrees with the organization's decision to allow transgender contestants.

A posting on Sheena Monnin's Facebook page dated Monday says she's resigned. In another post, Monnin claims another contestant saw the list of top 5 contenders on Sunday morning, hours before the show was broadcast.

Pageant organizers confirm Monnin has resigned, but not for the reason she claims. A statement from the organization includes text from an email it says Monnin sent citing the decision to allow natural born males into the competition as the reason she's resigning.

Monnin, of Cranberry, did not immediately respond to a Facebook message from The Associated Press.
    From another article:

"The Miss Universe Organization can confirm the resignation of the Pennsylvania title holder after she did not place in the Top 16 at the Miss USA pageant," the pageant purveyor said in a statement to E! News.

"In an email to state pageant organizers, she cited the Miss Universe Organization's policy regarding transgendered contestants, implemented two months ago, as the reason for her resignation. Today she has changed her story by publicly making false accusations claiming that the pageant was fixed, however the contestant she privately sourced as her reference has vehemently refuted her most recent claim. We are disappointed that she would attempt to steal the spotlight from Olivia Culpo of Rhode Island on her well-deserved Miss USA win."

Culpo, who was just crowned on Sunday, was asked during the competition about the inclusion of transgender contestants, and the 20-year-old apparently pleased the judges with her answer: "I do think that that would be fair, but I can understand that people would be a little apprehensive to take that road because there is a tradition of natural-born women, but today where there are so many surgeries and so many people out there who have a need to change for a happier life, I do accept that because I believe it's a free country."

...In a transcript of the email said to be from Mommim and provided by the Miss Universe Organization, the 27-year-old from Cranberry, Penn., wrote that she refused to be "part of a pageant system that has so far and so completely removed itself from its foundational principles as to allow and support natural born males to compete in it. This goes against ever moral fiber of my being. I believe in integrity, high moral character, and fair play, none of which are part of this system any longer."

...after Miss Universe Canada hopeful Jenna Talackova was initially barred from competition, the MUO officially altered its rule book in April to allow for transgender women like Talackova (she had gender-reassignment surgery at 19) to compete for the crown.

Talackova ultimately placed in the top 12 and shared the title of Miss Congeniality with three others.
    http://www.eonline.com/news/miss_pen...clusion/321412

Note: The Miss Congeniality Award is voted on by the other contestants, so her peers in the competition selected her for it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

"part of a pageant system that has so far and so completely removed itself from its foundational principles as to allow and support natural born males to compete in it."

Seriously, I hate when the pageant system doesn't stand for its foundational principles!!!

I do my little turn on the catwalk, I shake my little tush on the catwalk!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Seriously, I hate when the pageant system doesn't stand for its foundational principles!!!
    There was more than a little irony in that statement.

Also, Miss Pennsylvania looks just like one of the nasty bitch characters off trashy night-time dramas like Dynasty (look at those wicked eyebrows!!):

Who does this girl's makeup? She definitely doesn't look like a "nice" girl, she's scary!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Trump says he's going to sue her. I think he has good reason.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

What exactly are the "foundational principles" of the Miss USA pageant? "Pretty ladies are pretty"?

It's totally the Maleficent eyebrows, too vamp. America wants a sweetheart for this Miss USA gig, not a woman that looks like a boyfriend stealer. It's all in the brows!
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Those brows really are awful.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

They say steep eyebrows make others interpret one's face as angry. Still hot though.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.