User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    ok, i'm happy you were worried about other people making links, and not yourself.
    also, you are very "cause-istic". i am merely given examples, i'm not taking the whole.
    i am indeed worried about said links because i am a biologist, so this is my concern (and this is also my specialty, so if you want further comments or explanations on something biology-related, you can come to me )
    What an odd post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

lark, we apparently have some deep understandment issues, so lets just leave it like that. i don't see anything weird about my post, it was extremely straight forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    What an odd post

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    lark, we apparently have some deep understandment issues, so lets just leave it like that. i don't see anything weird about my post, it was extremely straight forward.
    Its your sentence structure and the words you're using, plus I'm pretty sure that there's divergence in what meanings we associate with particular words too and communication is difficult accordingly. Although you're also using a style of attribution of opinions and meanings to the other person you're in dialogue with, its not uncommon on this forum but its not a great way to discuss things.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Hey, I just found this and I thought it was pretty cool and relevant. Interesting that Europe is characterized more by genetic drift. I think eurpean history is somewhat I fluenced by socio-religious balkanization and I wonder if that can account for it.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The first and possibly the only great western thinker to take in interest in the Chinese was Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Okay, I think we should split this thread into two: genetic origin of the Chinese and American national debt - the derail is long enough to warrent that.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Our Common Immunity

Chinese origins are not different from the rest of the human race by the simple fact that colonialism did not take in China and was rejected.

Colonialism did not take in China because the Chinese had immunity to common diseases like influenza, measels, the common cold, hooping cough, and other common diseases.

By contrast Colonialism did take in those countries that had been cut off from the human race for as much as 40,000 years, and so had no immunity to common diseases and which proved lethal to 9 out of 10 of the population.

Louis Pasteur demonstrated the germ theory of disease in 1864. So before 1864 no one, not the Chinese, not any colonised people, and not the colonisers, had any idea of germs and immunity.

And where the colonised had immunity they threw off the colonisers, in Africa, in Asia, and interestingly, in Europe.

And so it was shared immunity to germs that gives us a shared humanity.

All this is set out in, "Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies", a 1997 book by Jared Diamond, professor of geography and physiology at the University of California.