User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Sigh, one of the reasons the protests against SOPA and PIPA went so well was because there was support from tech companies. Without that support, I don't believe people will be able to organize an effective protest.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Sigh, one of the reasons the protests against SOPA and PIPA went so well was because there was support from tech companies. Without that support, I don't believe people will be able to organize an effective protest.
    Not all tech companies, but I don't think they would be for or against this piece of legislation since it benefits them also (and this legislation definitely benefits old media.) It's a shame that they are throwing their full weight in trying to turn the internet into TV-lite. It's far reaching consequences are too much to ignore, quite frankly, I really don't want companies giving my information freely if it suits them. I really don't want them taking my information without my consent (although facebook does that anyhow... can see why they're in this) and above all, I don't want any company saying they did it in the name of cybersecurity without any consequences.

If big enough websites can notice, I'm quite sure quite a bit of them are willing to help out.

Obviously, since what usually affects America tends to affect the world. Quite frankly, some people have told me there was no likelihood this will pass... and right now... I won't take that chance because it is 100 times as hard to scrap a piece of legislation signed into law than to stomp it onto raw earth before it gets near the signing stage.

Actually, now that I think about it, we can pick those companies, or companies that haven't chosen a side, one by one.

Just like how the ESA was picked off by its own people (protesting E3 by its own people.) Of all the media groups that hesitantly withdrew support for SOPA/PIPA the ESA was one of the first groups to go.

Some companies, like Google, have not chosen a side just yet. If we can get them on our side... it makes all the difference. Their support for the bill is a liability just as them not choosing a side is a liability.

https://action.eff.org/o/9042/p/dia/...ction_KEY=8444
    Send a message to your Reps to tell them NO!

SOPA Round 2 might actually end up as SOPA round 2 after the Cybersecurity measures take place.
    https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/0...-really-sopa-2

Our first mainstream media added at the front page (under update 4,) like it, view it, get people to look at it so that its "most viewed" article gets bumped up.

LATimes

Anon goes on the offensive! Good news? Bad news? Either way, they've helped a bit on racking up some attention for CISPA. Their usual route? DDOS, especially towards the two giant trade organization in that list of supporters of CISPA. Though it seems, because of that, Windows and a few tele-companies are intent on passing the CISPA bill whether we like it or not. Still no giant companies doing something about it. But if anything, our usual giants like FB and Google won't do anything for us.

On another note about CISPA, Netflix has created their own SuperPAC, quickly denounced with Anon and a few net-news-sites. Some firestorm was created about whether NetFlix was up to no good (SOPA and CISPA and all.)

Still an awful piece of legislation. They're thinking of amending some parts of the bill, I doubt it'll fix much of anything. I won't be surprised if the bill was still vague because their original intent was to leave it vague.

Very important to read, this info (with pictures) will outline what exactly CISPA will do to you, the internet, and beyond. It also highlights why companies are willing to sign up for it.

http://blog.stealthmode.com/2012/04/...ernets-future/

For those who haven't receive a e-mail from Google (I'm a bit late at pointing this out) or haven't seen their e-mails.

Google (with Vint Cerf... one of "the fathers of the internet") has asked us to create a discussion around the web.

“The Internet is the power to _________.”
    Get to it!

The Internet is the power to: our freedom of expression, be social, meet and greet others around the world, stay in contact with love ones and friends around the world, create possibilities, enjoy.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/cis...nag-your-data/

A giant list gathered by with yours truly, big corporations and their associations.

800+ Fucking (yes I really don't use that word often) companies directly and indirectly supporting CISPA.

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

What is the ultimate goal for all of this, what other peices of legislation are waiting to be enacted after this one pass' ( since they can't let them all pass at once since it obviously wouldnt pass)
    . They want to do away with all crime, but will end up making riots in the process.lol. We need to ask, what is the ultimate objective beyond all of this. Why is it only now they decide to declare the internet a pottential concern, when 9/11 happened so long ago they didnt have the capacity to observe the internet for what it is, and only now declare the internet a "safehaven" for terrorists? Cyber security is crutial when you are starting wars with everyone. But as you can tell our cyber security is a joke and "annonymous" will probably lead the cyber world into the shit hole. "annonymous" are cyber "terrorists", there will be a 9/11 of the cyber world and an "internet patriot act" will be the reaction.

it's nice that you are trying to make a difference.but this is bigger than you. everyone falls on two sides of a spectrum. People for peace, and terrorists. What are you RailTracer? A conspiracy terrorist? an infowarrior? why are you trying to be so anarchist and "un-American"?
    1+1=3 OMFG