User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If someone had to win who wasn't me, I'm glad it was this group. They sound like they're not going to waste the money, and they handled everything very well.

http://news.yahoo.com/3-md-school-wo...125557944.html

BALTIMORE (AP) — Two public school teachers and a school administrator who call themselves "The Three Amigos" are sharing the spoils of last month's record Mega Millions jackpot, planning trips to Europe, new homes and children's college educations, Maryland Lottery officials said Tuesday.

The Maryland winners claimed their proceeds Monday and chose to remain anonymous, but the lottery agency shared some details in a news conference, including the fact that each of the three friends works multiple jobs to make ends meet.

"If it can't be you, these people are precisely the people you would want to see win," Maryland Lottery director Stephen Martino said...

...One Maryland winner is a special education teacher, one is an elementary school teacher and the third is a school administrator. All three said they plan to continue to work, noting that they were committed to their students, Martino said.

"One said 'I can't give up on my kids," he said....

...The trio plan to invest their winnings, but they also plan to fulfill a few dreams. The man told lottery officials that he planned to help his children with college expenses, pay off his house and buy his sister a house. One woman planned to go backpacking through Europe with her brother and the other woman plans to tour Italy's wine country.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'll even pay for a free nose job for some lucky member if i win...and for some other unlucky member to disappear, never to be seen again.
    I'd settle for a boob job if you win.
    As i won't be purchasing any tickets i can't return the favour but the breasts would thank you themselves. (because they would be able to talk-obviously)

EDIT: Talking breasts, haha... sometimes i wonder what i am taking.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    EDIT: Talking breasts, haha... sometimes i wonder what i am taking.
    Singing breasts would be more of a wonder, honestly... most boobs can't seem to carry a tune, they're too lost in their cups.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Yeah. Right. Whatever.

To quote the ever-articulate Hit Girl, "What a douche."
    I'm totally confused by this story. I mean...how did this lady get so much media attention in the first place without being able to 'prove' she won by being in (actual) possession of the winning ticket? I imagine all kinds of crazies come forward claiming they won during times like these...so what makes her story 'more believable' in this instance? Are they using records from where she purchased the ticket? What am I missing. I'm sincerely asking because I don't understand what part of the story I've missed.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I'm totally confused by this story. I mean...how did this lady get so much media attention in the first place without being able to 'prove' she won by being in (actual) possession of the winning ticket? I imagine all kinds of crazies come forward claiming they won during times like these...so what makes her story 'more believable' in this instance? Are they using records from where she purchased the ticket? What am I missing. I'm sincerely asking because I don't understand what part of the story I've missed.
    Well, I think it's partly the fault of media wanting to get the "first scoop" on a potential lead. Also, Maryland has the anonymous winner stricture so the winner wouldn't necessarily be revealed by name. Also, she could make excuses about why she didn't want to show the ticket to anyone ("it's locked up safe" for example... or in this case, eventually, "Oh, I stashed it at McDonald's" )

At least the media began to challenge itself after a day or so.. they kept covering her "just in case" but were also poking holes in the story because she wasn't coming off as credible at all, especially when she said she stashed the ticket in the store. I'm gonna bet the employees and manager also turned the place over that night, once she said that... lol!

She wasn't the only story about someone from Maryland who "supposedly won." Meanwhile the real winners just sat tight and got all their ducks in a row.

Well, I think it's partly the fault of media wanting to get the "first scoop" on a potential lead. Also, Maryland has the anonymous winner stricture so the winner wouldn't necessarily be revealed by name. Also, she could make excuses about why she didn't want to show the ticket to anyone ("it's locked up safe" for example... or in this case, eventually, "Oh, I stashed it at McDonald's" )

At least the media began to challenge itself after a day or so.. they kept covering her "just in case" but were also poking holes in the story because she wasn't coming off as credible at all, especially when she said she stashed the ticket in the store. I'm gonna bet the employees and manager also turned the place over that night, once she said that... lol!

She wasn't the only story about someone from Maryland who "supposedly won." Meanwhile the real winners just sat tight and got all their ducks in a row.
    Okay this makes more sense to me now - Thanks. I actually don't think you can claim your winnings anonymously where I'm from. Not that that would prevent crazies from coming forward...but it might help somewhat in not being able to say...'yah I claimed it' when the real person/winner does come forward. idk haha.

I do like the...'this ticket that was not part of the pool but I still stashed it at McDonalds'...??? And I'm just waiting for the employees to 'calm down' before I go and get it...??? haha. I would so be hiring a bunch of security/body guards and getting the ticket that night! People never cease to amaze!!! Anyway...thanks.