User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INtP

I didn't win either . Math sucks.

However... (and even worse)... one of the tickets was bought in my metro area, and there are people that I work with who live very near to where it was bought. At this point, I'm (not proudly) hoping that it wasn't bought by the group of people I work with who have a "lottery pool" -- the lottery pool they refused to let me join when I asked...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    I didn't win either . Math sucks.

However... (and even worse)... one of the tickets was bought in my metro area, and there are people that I work with who live very near to where it was bought. At this point, I'm (not proudly) hoping that it wasn't bought by the group of people I work with who have a "lottery pool" -- the lottery pool they refused to let me join when I asked...
    Oh crap. That would suck so bad.

I basically tossed in a buck in my group's pool because if I knew I didn't, I sure wouldn't want to be the one coming to work when all of them had quit.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh crap. That would suck so bad.

I basically tossed in a buck in my group's pool because if I knew I didn't, I sure wouldn't want to be the one coming to work when all of them had quit.
    Yeah -- that was my general thought too. The whole "no, we don't need any more people in our pool" thing came up a while ago, and I've simply ignored the whole work-pool thing since. But it's not going to be very fun if 80% of them quit and I get to live through the whole "what if I'd asked again" thing for the next 30 years of 9-5 work frustration. Still, the odds are against it, and it's not like it's going to kill me if it happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Yeah -- that was my general thought too. The whole "no, we don't need any more people in our pool" thing came up a while ago, and I've simply ignored the whole work-pool thing since. But it's not going to be very fun if 80% of them quit and I get to live through the whole "what if I'd asked again" thing for the next 30 years of 9-5 work frustration. Still, the odds are against it, and it's not like it's going to kill me if it happens.
    yeah, a lot of the pools are "closed" pools since the pot would be split too many ways to maintain interest... although I guess a solution is to split the group into two (like a cell splitting into two), allowing each to grow. it kind of sucks to be the new person and not be able to hook up with a group.

It is what it is. If I lose, it's not like my life gets worse -- the only pain is in imagining what I might have had or felt like I could have had. Still, not fun.

... which reminds me... Roomie bought a ticket in baltimore, and now I don't see her anywhere today. wth???

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsFJ

Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Damn I didn't win.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

ARRRRGGGGG!!!!!

The winning numbers also were purchased at a 7-Eleven in Milford Mill, Md., north of Baltimore, and somewhere in northeast Kansas.
    You know where this is? Five miles from my work place, and within about a mile of my commute route. I've probably driven right by the place when out with friends / to visit local friends. FUDGE!!!!!!

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Lol... you shout at the tv screen trying to influence the characters movements don't you? :p

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Lol... you shout at the tv screen trying to influence the characters movements don't you? :p
    Why would I do that when I have a little magic gizmo called a "remote" to do it for me?

Oh boy, what a mess!

Mega Millions mania has plunged a Maryland McDonald’s into a bubbling cauldron of controversy hotter than a deep-fried apple pie.

Workers at the fast-food joint who pooled their cash for tickets are furious at a colleague who claims she won with a ticket she bought for herself and has no intention of sharing.

“We had a group plan, but I went and played by myself. [The ‘winning’ ticket] wasn’t on the group plan,” McDonald’s “winner’’ Mirlande Wilson 37, told The Post yesterday, insisting she alone bought one of the three tickets nationwide that will split a record $656 million payout.

“I was in the group, but this was separate. The winning ticket was a separate ticket,” the single mother of seven said as she and her fiancé left her home in the squalid Westport neighborhood to attend church...."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/w...xA1VDSqWn58KtJ
    if this is true.

Another case of someone ill-equipped to have have lots of money winning an insane amount that will likely be gone in two years.

MBTI
    INtP

Ouch. She may be telling the truth, but nobody will ever believe it. She will leave those others with a lifetime of (likely) anger and regret. This is why you photocopy and distribute copies of group tickets...

ugh - forgot how horrid posting on my phone is... it hides the submit button...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]