Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i'm pretty sure "corn-fed" doesn't have any racial connotations.
    He said only a corn-fed suburban white guy would think that way. Apparently this ignorant white person who is only above animal status slightly, is the only person who may feel that this murder wasn't as racially motivated as people are saying it is.

Because corn-fed is associated with cattle, it is a pejorative term. "corn-fed means one who is large and often muscular, but lacking in intelligence, refinement or sophistication. The comparison is to cattle or beasts of burden."

When is the last time you saw someone say corn-fed black guy? They wouldn't because it is racial, in an underhanded way, referring to the predominantly historically whiter Midwestern U.S.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

2. Corn-fed

Really, really white.
    What up, corn-fed?

3. corn-fed

A hick. Simply that.

Synonyms underneath listed? Whitey, honky, cracker, peckerwood, snowflake, white bread, WASP.
    Look at all them corn-feds bangin' their sisters!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I solving racism with racism...

Man tells police group yelled ‘Trayvon,' then beat him

By Chad Smith
    Staff writer
    Published: Monday, April 9, 2012 at 2:09 p.m.
    Last Modified: Monday, April 9, 2012 at 10:26 p.m.

Police are investigating the “racially motivated” beating of a 27-year-old man who was walking home from midtown bars early Saturday when he said he was jumped by five to eight men who shouted “Trayvon” before the attack.

The exclamation was an apparent reference to Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old from Miami who was shot and killed in February walking back to his father’s girlfriend’s house in Sanford.

His shooter, George Zimmerman, has not been charged.

The case of Martin, an unarmed black teenager who was killed by Zimmerman, a Hispanic crime-watch volunteer, has stirred conversations across the country about race, crime and profiling.

Investigators believe that case was the catalyst for the beating Saturday in Gainesville.

“We do believe that the crime was racially motivated,” Gainesville Police Department spokeswoman Cpl. Angelina Valuri said.

The assailants were black, while the victim is white, Valuri said.

She said the victim had been drinking and could not provide a description of the attackers or their vehicle, only that it was a mid-size vehicle.

But Valuri said his injuries were consistent with being jumped by a group.

During what he told police was a five-minute beating, he sustained injuries to the left eye, abrasions to his palms and a cut on his right kneecap, and Valuri said he would likely have “permanent disfigurement to the left side of his face.”

He was taken to Shands at the University of Florida for treatment.

The attack occurred at about 2:45 a.m. in the 3200 block of Southwest 23rd Terrace.

The victim told police that a vehicle was coming east on Southwest 32nd Place when it stopped at 23rd Terrace.

A group of men got out and told him he was walking too slowly, the victim told police.

They then yelled “Trayvon,” according to a GPD report, and proceeded to beat him.
    I yearn for the day that our great nation solves its race problem, one racially-motivated revenge beating at a time.

No word from Obama yet as to whether any of the suspects might look like his hypothetical son.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Because corn-fed is associated with cattle, it is a pejorative term. "corn-fed means one who is large and often muscular, but lacking in intelligence, refinement or sophistication. The comparison is to cattle or beasts of burden.".
    only white people can be lacking in intelligence and sophistication? what are you, a racist?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    No word from Obama yet as to whether any of the suspects might look like his hypothetical son.
    Geez, that really pissed some people off I guess.

I'm just saying, if Bush had said something similar about Natalee Holloway, no one would give a shit.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Geez, that really pissed some people off I guess.
    Yeah, I thought it was an extremely stupid move on his part.

And, frankly, I think it's gunna come back to bite him in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    I'm just saying, if Bush had said something similar about Natalee Holloway, no one would give a shit.
    Ok, first off, I pay zero attention to those "white girl abducted/murdered" stories, so I really don't give a shit or know anything about Natalee Holloway.

Second, based on the little I may know, I don't think the Natalee Holloway story had any racial component to it (aside from being a "media pays attention because white girl was abducted" story, and, seriously, don't treat it like that makes these two things the same, cuz, if you do, I will roast you over the fire with it).

Third, by speaking about it the way that he did, Obama lent "legitimacy" to the mob, who don't know shit, and are basing their opinions off of pretty much everything (emotion, mostly) but the facts.

Fourth, now that "revenge" beatings are happening, is Obama in no way responsible for said beatings? I would say that he is. Not entirely, of course, but he is for, in their eyes, lending "legitimacy" to the mob, whether that was his intention or not. As President, you're not supposed to throw fuel on the fire; you're supposed to throw water on it.

Fifth, he was using it as political fodder, to try to appeal to black voters and mothers, and to do so is pathetic/disgusting.

He should've just kept his mouth shut about it and told the justice department to look into it. If he said anything, he should've just said, "The Justice Department is looking into it to determine whether a law was violated, and, if one was, that the person who violated this law is being properly dealt with under the law."

As it stands, he added fuel to the fire, and only made things worse.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

only white people can be lacking in intelligence and sophistication? what are you, a racist?
    Did you read the post underneath it where synonyms for corn-fed are honky and whitey?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Did you read the post underneath it where synonyms for corn-fed are honky and whitey?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    yeah and if it couldn't even make the #1 urban dictionary definition i'm not going to take it that seriously.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

yeah and if it couldn't even make the #1 urban dictionary definition i'm not going to take it that seriously.
    That doesn't even make sense. Clearly a group of people are in the know that this is a racial comment, but I'm not going to keep arguing with you about this.

Nebbykoo was being racist. And that's that.