User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Because you said only a white corn-fed person from the Midwest wouldn't think this was racially related.

I mean, your comment seems like you think only white people can be racist.

Which is racist of you, incidentally. Especially since the shooter in this case is identifiably Latino, even just by glancing at him.
    I never said 'Midwest', and I wasn't talking about the race of the shooter.
    I don't have time to explain it to you.Try to read more carefully before posting.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I never said 'Midwest', and I wasn't talking about the race of the shooter.
    I don't have time to explain it to you.Try to read more carefully before posting.
    Oh stop being Si pedantic, you said "Only a corn-fed suburban white guy"...corn fed is MidWest. Any educated American knows that, Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ. I paraphrased what you actually said, unless you imagine that "corn fed" is just a couple of meaningless words that have no basis in geography or history.

You don't have time to explain to me why you're racist?

Awesome.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh stop being Si pedantic, you said "Only a corn-fed suburban white guy"...corn fed is MidWest. Any educated American knows that, Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ. I paraphrased what you actually said, unless you imagine that "corn fed" is just a couple of meaningless words that have no basis in geography or history.

You don't have time to explain to me why you're racist?

Awesome.
    Welcome back marm. Have a nice stay until your next vacation.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Welsome back marm. Have a nice stay until your next vacation.
    You're replying this way because you don't have a rational or relevant reply. Because clearly you did have time to respond.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

And just in case you're suffering from the delusion that I'm just being nasty for some crazy reason you can't fathom, let me reframe this scenario for you.

Imagine I'm you, but I'm a white man. I post "Only a watermelon-eating black guy would imagine that an Asian man shooting a white man wasn't directly related to anti-white crime."

You wouldn't like that would you? People are starting to feel entitled to throw around really crazy racist shit at white people, even when white people didn't even do anything with the subject at hand (i.e. this is being made out to be a "black on white" issue, in a very simplistic fashion).

That is all. Have a day.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

it's not a situation where you can just interchange any race you want in, it's specific to people being afraid of young, black men and seeing them as a threat. which isn't something that a lot of people (especially white) understand because they are very rarely placed in situations where their race affects their life negatively.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I do think it might have more to do with Trayvon's race than Zimmerman's... Latin men can be racist, just like black men can be sexist.

Then again, with all the hubbub about "systemic [X]-ism" I've read on the web, I'm not sure what makes someone [X]-ist or not anymore...

Although I'm kind of glad that violence against a person of color is being seen as a big issue - from what I understand, TV networks can easily fall prey to Missing White Woman Syndrome.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    it's not a situation where you can just interchange any race you want in, it's specific to people being afraid of young, black men and seeing them as a threat. which isn't something that a lot of people (especially white) understand because they are very rarely placed in situations where their race affects their life negatively.
    The issue here is not that this case is particularly because Treyvon Martin was a young black man, and it may be race related, but that a member of our forum feels extraordinarily comfortable hurling a racially derogatory insult at another member of the forum for having a differing opinion. "Corn fed" is not quite like calling someone a honky or a cracker, but it's a pejorative term, and people just overlook it.

Nurturing this kind of behavior in a civilized society is wrong. It would be like me saying "all men are rapists" to justify feminism. It's taking an imbalance that may exist in society, and blowing it up beyond reasonable or rational proportions to demonize a group, rather than addressing the real core issue.

Unhelpful and hypocritical.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i'm pretty sure "corn-fed" doesn't have any racial connotations.

2. Slang Healthy and strong, but provincial and unsophisticated.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Nurturing this kind of behavior in a civilized society is wrong. It would be like me saying "all men are rapists" to justify feminism. It's taking an imbalance that may exist in society, and blowing it up beyond reasonable or rational proportions to demonize a group, rather than addressing the real core issue.

Unhelpful and hypocritical.
    If you think that's good, you should have been here for Do you find some races prettier than others .

They had some real fun things to say in that one.