User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Too many things are unclear to really judge in this case. From what I gather most of the so-called witnesses didn't see the whole thing.
    Shooting someone is indeed a horrible thing and a tragedy for all people involved.
    What is neither proved or disproved yet is the cause of the shooting.

If he was attacked, I fully support George Zimmerman's right to defend himself. It's easy to say he should have shot him in the leg or something.
    It isn't that easy if the adrenaline is pumping and you're being attacked by someone larger than yourself (Trayvon was 6'3).
    The picture being spread by media, showing an innocent-looking little boy, is not accurate either.
    It has become well-known that Trayvon had a long criminal record, and looked a lot older than he was. Plus badass ghetto style and tattoos.
    From the pics I have seen, it is easy to assume that he's around 20, and if he attacked me physically I can't say I would have done any differently.
    Like I said, it is all very tragic, and we don't know all the facts. Or at least which of the versions that is closest to the truth.

That's just my thoughts. I'm not 100% on any side or anything.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    It has become well-known that Trayvon had a long criminal record, and looked a lot older than he was. Plus badass ghetto style and tattoos.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Heh, his post made sense, and he admitted that it was just his thoughts, yet you single out that one sentence and roll your eyes at him. That's not very nice!

But seriously, the style of dress may be irrelevant, but I think that if he had a criminal record, that could be pertinent information.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Heh, his post made sense, and he admitted that it was just his thoughts, yet you single out that one sentence and roll your eyes at him. That's not very nice!

But seriously, the style of dress may be irrelevant, but I think that if he had a criminal record, that could be pertinent information for this case.
    he got suspended from school a few times, none of which were for violent offences. i don't think that qualifies as a criminal record, and even if he did have one, it wouldn't change what happened. and the "badass ghetto style" comment struck me as particularly ignorant. what does that even mean?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

What? So there is no difference if you are beaten at by a little fresh-faced CHILD?

That guy looked like he had been in or was going to prison. And really tall. If he'd attack me, i'd shoot if I had a gun.
    And that's got nothing to do with if he's black or not. If it was a 6'3 skinhead who attacked me, I would shoot as well.

IF. Al i'm saying is IF he attacked George Zimmerman, then the shooting was tragic but not wrong. Not that anyone deserves to die for anything.
    But like I said, one shouldn't judge unless one has been attacked like that. It's really horrible, trust me.
    And I would definitely say that it's better that the attacker gets shot than the one who is attacked.
    Matters should never go past verbalities, but sadly they do in reality.

I did not mean to hate.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

he got suspended from school a few times, none of which were for violent offences. i don't think that qualifies as a criminal record, and even if he did have one, it wouldn't change what happened. and the "badass ghetto style" comment struck me as particularly ignorant. what does that even mean?
    His sealed juvie record leaked out. It was not just suspensions, but violent crimes and drugs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

and the "badass ghetto style" comment struck me as particularly ignorant. what does that even mean?
    I agree with that much. Like I said, the style of dress is irrelevant. That would just be profiling, which is something Zimmerman is getting heat for already. I understand that a record wouldn't change what happened, but the real question is, what did happen? People seem to think they know the truth, and if the truth about what happened were a simple one, we wouldn't have even heard about this case.

I can't comment on the criminal record or whatever though, I don't know anything about it, this is actually the first I've heard of it. I'm going to go look that up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    His sealed juvie record leaked out. It was not just suspensions, but violent crimes and drugs.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...iminal-record/
    he got caught with weed at school, that makes someone a dangerous criminal now? i couldn't find anything about any leaked juvie records or violent crimes.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...iminal-record/
    he got caught with weed at school, that makes someone a dangerous criminal now? i couldn't find anything about any leaked juvie records or violent crimes.
    Whatever the case, IF he attacked Zimmerman what happened isn't an outrage.
    If he got shot because he was black, it is definitely bad though.

MBTI
    INTJ

This is the Rodney King case of the 2010 decade