User Tag List

12 Last

Default Damn you facebook, damn you to hell

I hate the current "update" of the facebook format, its like having my profile vandalised and rendered some bebo lite looking nonsense, if I wanted that sort of thing I'd never have deleted my bebo account and moved to facebook in the first place and is it optional? Nope, you bet its not, you're choice is do you want this bullshit now or later?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Are you talking about the Timeline Outlook Feature? Isn't that optional though?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Doesnt seem so, I've kept the old profile and not sought to change it, today I got it reformated for me and told I can either launch it today or wait for it to launch itself that way later.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Whether you like it or not, you will be forced into timeline. There is no yes/no... there is only a when.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Doesnt seem so, I've kept the old profile and not sought to change it, today I got it reformated for me and told I can either launch it today or wait for it to launch itself that way later.
    Damn, well then that certainly sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Whether you like it or not, you will be forced into timeline. There is no yes/no... there is only a when.
    Not if I delete my account first! Haha! (Or hack the website and change the outlook manually, however I lack the sophisticated software technology required to do that)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah, they usually have a way of tricking you into clicking into the upgraded profile, and then eventually force you to adopt it anyway. I just clicked the option when it popped up the first time as to not postpone the inevitable and have it stop asking me.

Damn, well then that certainly sucks.

Not if I delete my account first! Haha! (Or hack the website and change the outlook manually, however I lack the sophisticated software technology required to do that)
    The process in deleting your account is just as annoying

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    The process in deleting your account is just as annoying
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think it's kinda cool.

...kinda.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

garbage

I get what they're going for--'life is a timeline.' It's neat that you can access posts from years' past pretty easily, but that's the only change that I actually like.

The format changes they made to the page are absolutely terrible; I prefer the one-column, linear presentation of events, statuses, etc. Also, referring to the wall as a 'timeline' from now on is just.. I don't know, cringe-inducing.

You may not be able to hack it for everyone's benefit, but you can hack it in some ways for your own.

I hid all the floating 'live twitter-like updates lol' crap they put into the rightmost column on the news feed with changes to the userChrome.css file in Firefox; Chrome has a similar file if you use it. It's actually pretty easy, and effective too!!