User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damn you facebook, damn you to hell

Damn, I should have left my account banned.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think it's kinda cool.

I don't mind the timeline feature too much, although I didn't have time to add stuff in before it went online. The one thing that really bothers me about facebook is that it shows whatever articles you read that are somehow connected. If I see something interesting I try to avoid it connecting back by opening a new browser window, logging out, etc. I've noticed articles other people have read and I'm not always sure they would want the whole world to know.

I also got a request for something like "Secret Friends" and when I clicked on the first window it asked for permission to post as me as one item on a list. I think it may be a disturbing virus or something. I exited, logged out, then changed my password.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

I like the fact that I can control each post now in terms of who sees it (before, there was just one Custom setting applied to all posts made of any sort). But that also means I need to exert that control.

Plus, as Fia suggests, there's always been this crazy stuff going on with FaceBook where they're trying to post/integrate all activity in a way that makes it transparent either needlessly or rather alarmingly, and their TOS and/or software functionality would be changed without anyone being aware that such things had changed -- what was safe one day was suddenly accessible/vulnerable the next. They're more in love with their software than they are with their consumer base.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert