MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default The Islamification Of Britain

I recently heard a speech from my (london) borough MP,
    in it he stated that one third of this borough's residents are muslim, higher than any other faith in the borough. There are other boroughs i believe (needs citation) that are similar in London. As far as i know Manchester and Birmingham have very high stats on Muslim populations and the figures are increasing at great speed.
    Given that (approx) 40% of Muslims in the UK are in favour of Islamic law(1), this would mean that just under one sixth of the borough (roughly) is in favour of sharia law.
    I believe it is a very real possibility that this could soon have political/legal implications.
    There are a huge number of Britons converting to Islam..

Extract

"Estimating the number of converts living in Britain has always been difficult because census data does not differentiate between whether a religious person has adopted a new faith or was born into it. Previous estimates have placed the number of Muslim converts in the UK at between 14,000 and 25,000.

But a new study by the inter-faith think-tank Faith Matters suggests the real figure could be as high as 100,000, with as many as 5,000 new conversions nationwide each year."

(source) http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...h-2175178.html

(1) 40% of uk Muslims in favour of sharia law
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...law-in-UK.html

For stat lovers everywhere
    There are approx 169,700 residents in my borough (2010)
    approx 56,566 being Muslim
    Presuming these are all of voting age, of those (going by the 40%) approx 22,626 are in favour of introducing Sharia law.

I havn't taken into account other demographics such as age etc.

Labour won the parlimentary seat for this borough with 20,810 votes in 2010

Sooooo, my questions are...

Do you see this as a real possibility?

How do you think this will change Britain/The World?

(Appologies for messy op, i may try to clean it up later )
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

That's depressing. Not necessarily because I'm against Islam, but because it depletes..whatever you want to call it.. "national identity". It's Britain, for crissakes.

I wonder if outright killing these people would take down the percentage or just create martyrs and make the percentage grow. If if it gets too bad, someone should try (And yes, I'm serious. Nor am I trying to be provocative. Although I'm not against Islam, anyone who supports Sharia laws would be much better off dead. The same they would think of me. It's a nice arrangement).

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Why don't you blow up some Norway buildings to establish your point there mr. crusader baha
    1+1=3 OMFG

FigerPuppet

Holy shit! 0.008% of the population converts to Islam every year!? Time to institute martial law!

Islamophobia is so 2007.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Holy shit! 0.008% of the population converts to Islam every year!? Time to institute martial law!

Islamophobia is so 2007.
    Number of converts does not equal rising number of Muslims...doh!

Also just to be clear, i do not have a plan... i started this thread with a view to discussing/theorising the possible outcomes... this is not a "hate" thread.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

I had an awesome post done for this thread comparing panics about political islam with panics about political catholicism and the UK's history but it got lost with the forum imploding constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Why don't you blow up some Norway buildings to establish your point there mr. crusader baha
    lol it's nice that you can so easily use your imagination, but my comments have to do with crusading. i've gotten in fights with christians too, if that makes you feel better. i'm just a man with his own thing. don't make too much out of it.

as for islamophobia, i'm sort of one. more like, against anyone who desires to legislate their religous laws. i won't be apologizing about it any time soon. tolerance is overrated.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I had an awesome post done for this thread comparing panics about political islam with panics about political catholicism and the UK's history but it got lost with the forum imploding constantly.
    That is a shame since it would be nice to get some discussion going on topic and the subject matter seems though it would have been interesting.

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    lol it's nice that you can so easily use your imagination, but my comments have to do with crusading. i've gotten in fights with christians too, if that makes you feel better. i'm just a man with his own thing. don't make too much out of it.

as for islamophobia, i'm sort of one. more like, against anyone who desires to legislate their religous laws. i won't be apologizing about it any time soon. tolerance is overrated.
    Well theres no need to direct all the attention to them themselves. Maybe fix the laws, forget about national identity and more about human rights, and deal forget about how many immigrant are there already because they are humans too. It's the government ways that allow it to happen. It's like, " OK guys free party in the develloped world wooooooooooooooo let's get wasted and trash this place like crazy rockstars" kind of thinking and total loss of forsight into what will happen in the future from current laws being out in motion. It all comes down to common sense, and that is a subjective thing that we all think we know objectively.
    1+1=3 OMFG

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Absurd hate thread.

The proportion of practising muslims in the West is constantly dropping over the years, and that includes Great Britain. Forget the converts, let's take some relief and look at global trends.

Take a look at this for instance:

"Time series from the British Social Attitudes Survey showing the religion to which people consider themselves to belong."

And now, you should notice that despite immigration, the proportion of practising Muslims in your country is nonetheless either constant, or either declining.

-----

I currently live in a predominantly Muslim country (although I am not one of them). Most people here are far more tolerant than what I would have expected should I have listened the paranoid propaganda you occasionally meet in many Western medias. And the truth is that if you had a free poll here, I seriously doubt even a quarter of them would fully agree with the sharia law, since even amongst Islamists militants (the ones I know), many are against that kind of idea. And even if it is (theoretically) forbidden to make real statistics about the religious faith here in Morocco, let's say I have already encountered a HUGE proportion of agnostics and even atheists, even if they do not confess it in public.

The real trend is here. Even in Muslim countries, people are getting more and more skeptical towards religion, and especially the younger generation. That's why you had the Arab Spring: it's only the beginning for them.
    So let's wait for a few decades more, and let's see what will eventually happen. Despite their victory in Libya and Egypt, and the Islamist surge of the 90's, history is not in their favour anymore.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI