User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Absurd hate thread.

The proportion of practising muslims in the West is constantly dropping over the years, and that includes Great Britain. Forget the converts, take some relief and look at global trends.

I currently live in a predominantly Muslim country (although I am not one of them). Most people here are far more tolerant than what I would have expected should I have listened the paranoid propaganda you occasionally cross in many Western medias. And the truth is that if you had a free poll, I seriously doubt even a quarter of them would fully agree with the sharia law, since even amongst Islamists militants (the one I know), many are against that kind of idea. And even if it is (theoretically) forbidden to make real statistics about the religious faith here in Morocco, let's say I have already encoutered a HUGE proportion of agnostics and even atheists, even if they do not confess it in public.

The real trend is here. Even in Muslim countries, people are getting more and more skeptical towards religion, and especially the younger generation. That's why you had the Arab Spring: it's only the beginning for them.
    So wait for a few decades more, and see what will eventually happen. Despite their victory in Libya and Egypt, and the Islamist surge of the 90's, history is not in their favour anymore.
    Hate thread or not, I would love nothing more than moderate muslims to offer up their voices as much as possible. I think they know better than I do that they're just as much targets and labeled as infidels as outsiders will be.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I currently live in a predominantly Muslim country
    Hmmm, hmmmm, hmmm.... Algeria?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    No... I prefer the sun setting over the Atlantic Ocean and I've always despised the polluted Mediterranean bathtub...

And hello my dear Sponge!

As you see, I'm still alive, since despite their typical greeting customs towards infidels like me my Muslim neighbours haven't decided yet to behead me... the good ol'time is fading, traditions are being lost...
    The Prophet (saws) wouldn't recognize his own flock anymore...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Lol.

I come from Dearborn, Michigan, where there is a large population of Muslim people, and there has been no shortage of attempts by national media to characterize the place as either (1) having already been practising Sharia or (2) in danger of such, and it's frankly ridiculous.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Don't know if you caught Panorama last night?

I thought this was a generational thing – it was something that would die out with my generation, but I’ve come across very young people who think the same way. One young man, 20 years old, said to me “Nazir, don’t you understand? Man is a piece of gold, woman is a piece of silk. If you drop a piece of gold in mud you can wipe it off, if you drop a piece of silk in mud it is stained forever.”
    That is his view of women. That is why he thinks that women must be controlled, that their behaviour cannot be allowed to go unchecked. ~ Nazir Afzal, CPS

In an opinion poll of young Asians, 69% thought families should live according to the concept of honour. The 16-24 age group felt more strongly about it.
    18% of young people thought it was right to physically punish a women because she brings dishonour. Young Asian women are just as likely as men to say they should be punished.
    There are 10,000 forced marriages a year in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Honour crimes are not related to Islam but to rural middle-eastern culture and tribalism.

The proof of that is that it also affects other religious communities of the same area, and sometimes in greater proportion (look for instance at Yezidis).

What you're doing is like blaming the Catholics because the Mafia still exists. What would Irishmen and Poles think of your reasoning?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Yes we can, it's not an issue here.

Frankly, you would be surprised.

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yes we can, it's not an issue here.

Frankly, you would be surprised.
    Here? You live in France.
    We are talking about Britain.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Here? You live in France.
    We are talking about Britain.
    I live in Morocco and frankly, I think I have a fairly good knowledge of what is happening within the Muslim world.

My neighbours are Muslims, my students are Muslims, my colleagues are Muslims...
    Oooooooh Woe is me! Everybody here is of Muslim origin!!!
    I'm a zionist, atheistic abomination... and yet, nobody has even dared to threaten me in any way.

They're always smiling, they're always very respectful... why do they keep inviting me in cafes, parties or bars? Is it a trap?
    Because... If I read the same press than you do, I should be dead right now... :dead1:

Poor Blackmail!

7w8 SCUxI