User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yea, they are trieing, due to a recent very brutal crime, to finally forbid the right party. With that happening they want to disclose names of members and organisations. Only problem is they have to many undercover agents in the party, which they need to get out first or they will be defamed in public or subjected to revenge actions thru the right party.

But forbiding nazi stuff around here has really hurt noone. Only our national anthem.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The far right is actually shrinking in numbers:

'Politically motivated' crimes are a different thing:
    My mistake.

Do you think the rise in politically motivated violence might have something to do with the helplessness that you would feel if you were being oppressed by the state?

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Do you think the rise in politically motivated violence might have something to do with the helplessness that you would feel if you were being oppressed by the state?
    They are not oppressed by the state.

I think the rise in politically motivated crimes (and violence) is due to a growing feeling of help- and uselessness that people who join far-right groups experience. All the conditions that entice them to join such groups - being poor and poorly educated, thus unable to enjoy social success - are getting more and more normal, they are developing into lifestyles (the Hartz-IV-Empfänger), while the perceived enemy, formerly just a foreign intruder, has settled in for good. Then, of course, there is propaganda and demagogy, which can make people do many things.

FigerPuppet

They are not oppressed by the state.
    I would say that they are if their beliefs are constitutionally outlawed, and when the state does every thing in its power to prevent any political representation of these beliefs by banning parties right and right. (HAHA, get it??) Websites dedicated to the beliefs also have to be hosted abroad out of fear of persecution.

Strafgesetzbuch §86a is basically dedicated to the suppression of a specific ideology, and thus the combined suppression (state-instituted stigma) and oppression (sting operations, raids, etc.) of a segment of the German people.

I'm not right-wing, but I do think these methods are questionable - both philosophically in terms of the ethical justification and potential hypocrisy, and practically in terms of effectiveness - no matter how turbulent the past of Germany has been. A thin parallel can be drawn to the way executive powers across the West were, and still are, bloated with power after 9/11.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I would say that they are if their beliefs are constitutionally outlawed, and when the state does every thing in its power to prevent any political representation of these beliefs by banning parties left and right. Websites dedicated to the beliefs also have to be hosted abroad.
    Yea its a real problem. Most of the right wing followers for example believe that the holocaust was a lie by foreign countries and therefore belive they are doing the right thing. Outlawing it does only play right into those people hands.

Its a difficult decision, especially atm where there is trend of people going to extreme parties because they are dissatisfied with the current system.

I would say that they are if their beliefs are constitutionally outlawed, and when the state does every thing in its power to prevent any political representation of these beliefs by banning parties left and right. Websites dedicated to the beliefs also have to be hosted abroad.
    It is not illegal to believe in any kind of nonsense, but it is illegal to use certain signs or to deny the holocaust (and not even for bad reasons). There are members of a far-right party (NPD) in two of the state parliaments (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and Saxony) that do represent the idiots who voted for them, although, as many other tiny parliamentary groups, they are usually not taken seriously. Parties are banned when they become unconstitutional, when they become criminal organizations. Believing, for instance, that Adolf Hitler was a divine prophet would not be enough. I think, though, that few things make more sense than a country protecting its own constitution.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

no. spreading hate is not the way of jedi.
    why wont they instead make far right love groups?
    "ohh your far right, OHMIMSOOHILOVEYOUU!! im far right too! we should lovvvee eaachother!! =D"

wouldnt that make kkk much more approachable a group?
    instead of having a mutual hate, theyd share mutual love for whatever race it is they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    no. spreading hate is not the way of jedi.
    why wont they instead make far right love groups?
    "ohh your far right, OHMIMSOOHILOVEYOUU!! im far right too! we should lovvvee eaachother!! =D"

wouldnt that make kkk much more approachable a group?
    instead of having a mutual hate, theyd share mutual love for whatever race it is they are.
    I believe they already do that: love inward, hate outward.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

well, someone should teach them to love every direction!
    or love inward, neutral outward, at least.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

lol