User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 149

  1. #81
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I think the Flying Spaghetti Monster wouldn't find it to be very original. At the very least it seems quite inappropriate considering the tone of the discussion, but if that is how you want to express yourself, then it's a free forum.
    I got the Flying Spagetti Monster *on board and on-message* - along with the Soup Dragon and the Wicked Witch of the North.

  2. #82
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I'm just being defensive. You are the one who has come in here attacking from the get go. As far as your statement, I'm not dividing people the way you seem to think I am. I believe a diverse work force, that which has people of different genders, races, culture, religions, etc. is economically superior to a homogeneous one. For example if we were talking about two work forces with the same goal in mind, then the one that has a Black Christian Women, White Muslim Male, and Asian Atheist Male has far better potential than a group of three white men from similar backgrounds. If you can't see why then I can't help you. However, I will provide the studies to support that claim. In fact, I will even PM them to you. Although since you seem to have it in your mind that I am quite wrong in that respect, I would love to see your evidence.
    I'm still not understanding how you're making the leap from people only being from different backgrounds being superior to people of similar ones. A blanket statement like such only sets you up for failure. I simply believe in hiring someone based only upon their qualifications to do the job. That is the most "fair" approach to it if there could be one. Where a man, even being a minority, getting the job over a dozen men of the majority because he's simply more qualified for the job. That sounds like an ideal system to me.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  3. #83
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    I got the Flying Spagetti Monster *on board and on-message* - along with the Soup Dragon and the Wicked Witch of the North.
    Ah, I see your desire is to fluff my thread repeatedly without stating a point. I'll ask you to please cease from doing so or I'll bring it up with the mods. MetalWounds has put me in a rather foul mood, and I'm not feeling very tolerant at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  4. #84
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Ah, I see your desire is to fluff my thread repeatedly without stating a point.
    Far from it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I'll ask you to please cease from doing so or I'll bring it up with the mods.
    Go ahead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    MetalWounds has put me in a rather foul mood, and I'm not feeling very tolerant at the moment.
    You mood affects your judgement, which is your problem.

    My original point was a perfectly serious one - it's a shame you couldn't see that.

  5. #85
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    I'm still not understanding how you're making the leap from people only being from different backgrounds being superior to people of similar ones. A blanket statement like such only sets you up for failure. I simply believe in hiring someone based only upon their qualifications to do the job. That is the most "fair" approach to it if there could be one. Where a man, even being a minority, getting the job over a dozen men of the majority because he's simply more qualified for the job. That sounds like an ideal system to me.
    Agreed. Perhaps I am not stating my point correctly, so I'll refrain from commenting on it again until I can get the links to the journals. As far as your hiring people on their qualifications, that is where white privilege comes in if you had read my earlier posts. In fact, I insist that you go back and read the statements I posted earlier before you further comment so you have some idea of where I am coming from. I don't feel inclined to repeat myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  6. #86
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Go ahead.
    No need since you no longer seem to be speaking nonsensically.

    You mood affects your judgement, which is your problem.
    My problem is I have people who are coming in halfway through a discussion and are pretending they know what we are talking about and are making completely unsubstantiated assumptions based on that faulty thinking.

    My original point was a perfectly serious one - it's a shame you couldn't see that.
    What, that religion and persecution are superficial? Have I not made those arguments myself? Or are you just inclined to repeat me using a "cheesy" analogy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  7. #87
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    No need since you no longer seem to be speaking nonsensically.
    Hark at her!

  8. #88
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    My apologies to anyone I may have offended in this thread. I have to agree that my judgement is very askew at the moment. It's quite unsettling to have someone come into your thread, argue with you, and then admit that they didn't even bother to read where you are coming from. If I have ever done that to anyone, then I wholeheartedly apologize because I can now see how incredibly idiotic it is to do such a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  9. #89
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I've noticed lately that there is a strange shift in public opinion. The religious community feels persecuted. Now it took me awhile to grasp that. However, they do make a good case, especially since many people are now speaking out for them.
    I'm sorry if you found my original point seemed irrelevant. It was not addressed to you - you choose to respond by accusations of fluffery - which I refute!

    I'm glad to hear you are aware of your lapse in judgement

  10. #90
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    My apologies to anyone I may have offended in this thread. I have to agree that my judgement is very askew at the moment. It's quite unsettling to have someone come into your thread, argue with you, and then admit that they didn't even bother to read where you are coming from. If I have ever done that to anyone, then I wholeheartedly apologize because I can now see how incredibly idiotic it is to do such a thing.
    After you said people should watch the video links so they would know what you were talking about, I did so and commented on them, but there was no response so I figured you weren't really serious about discussing your original topic.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Similar Threads

  1. My Religion
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 03:02 PM
  2. What's your religion?
    By disregard in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 848
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 04:14 AM
  3. Religion... why?
    By wyrdsister in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 04:31 PM
  4. What religion is your bra?
    By Sahara in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 06:33 AM
  5. Brainstorming session on Religion
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 10:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO