User Tag List

First 78910 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Where is the original thread? I'm interested in seeing people's perspectives on this subject.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saslou View Post
    Where is the original thread? I'm interested in seeing people's perspectives on this subject.
    Too late... we've been Merged!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    We already had a huge discussion on this, maybe the threads should be merged.
    Hum... I searched the forum to see if there was already a thread about it and didn't find, so I made it. So I guess I didn't search very well.

At least I can see people's opinions now.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Sweeping mopping what ever. Anyways, dont piss your pants if you dont want to be washing your pants all the time. Same goes with shoes and floor. Instead of sweeping the floor all the time, it would be wiser to not to get dirt on the floor, so teach the kids to take off their shoes and if you are too lazy to do it yourself, clean your own shit from the floor. Same goes for kitchen counters, who ever gets them dirty should clean them up. Imo its the parents job to be sure that kid has food and clothes. If it feels too much of a job to keep your kids clothes clean, buy a bigger washing machine, so that you dont have to do an extra round with the washing machine. If some clothing sis only used for few hours, that doesent mean that you have to wash them as soon as they come off, so changing clothes multiple times a day, doesent mean any extra laundry.

When it comes to the punishment, that was way too harsh, especially since he kinda asked for it for being such a strict son of a bitch.

When it comes to telling your kid to get a job to get anything extra is just wrong, the kids job at that age is to go to school. Naturally its different if the kid wants unneccesary amounts of stuff.
    Sweeping, mopping, whatever? That's a pretty important detail that you just blow off as "whatever". But it's not surprising, looking at the rest of your posts in this thread. You sound like someone who has absolutely no experience with this subject. And the fact that you talked about "P"s as though that somehow has relevance to the real world (not just the imaginary world in your head) is hilarious. You should stop projecting your own frustration with authority figures onto others.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Sweeping, mopping, whatever? That's a pretty important detail that you just blow off as "whatever". But it's not surprising, looking at the rest of your posts in this thread. You sound like someone who has absolutely no experience with this subject. And the fact that you talked about "P"s as though that somehow has relevance to the real world (not just the imaginary world in your head) is hilarious. You should stop projecting your own frustration with authority figures onto others.
    Only cry :----DDDD

I doubt its an projection, i never had authority figures like that, or never even saw anyone that big of an asshole. I bet you just feel like the dad and therefore feel bad when i call the dad an asshole.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ESFJ

I think the father was a tad extreme in getting his point across. My youngest kid has written crap about me on Facebook when angry, luckily he left his account open so i could delete it. Kids do silly shit when angry.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Only cry :----DDDD

I doubt its an projection, i never had authority figures like that, or never even saw anyone that big of an asshole. I bet you just feel like the dad and therefore feel bad when i call the dad an asshole.
    It absolutely is a projection and your denial is comical. Did you forget you said this?

What a fucking idiot STJ, makes me want to put some bullets in him
    You're just vomiting your emotions in this thread. Whining about STJs and how they don't understand 'P's as though the world is somehow supposed to care about your (fragile) feelings is hilarious.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saslou View Post
    ...Kids do silly shit when angry.
    Well, that's the truth.

I actually had my son say to me last night, though, that he wanted to post something nasty on someone's FB Wall because he was mad, then decided that would just be irresponsible. yay -- There IS hope!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, that's the truth.

I actually had my son say to me last night, though, that he wanted to post something nasty on someone's FB Wall because he was mad, then decided that would just be irresponsible. yay -- There IS hope!
    Awww. Yes there is. Also my kid went from calling me a f***ing w***e online to ... having a heart to heart with your mother can really change how you think about things dated 19th Feb .. Bloody teenagers, love ya but don't want to be that age again
    Last edited by Saslou; 02-29-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Pretty stars
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It absolutely is a projection and your denial is comical. Did you forget you said this?

You're just vomiting your emotions in this thread. Whining about STJs and how they don't understand 'P's as though the world is somehow supposed to care about your (fragile) feelings is hilarious.
    :-----DDDD
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read