User Tag List

First 1234 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

wow. IT guy in a cowboy hat. modern world.

Well, can't say that the kid is lazy or anything alse from this guy talking. I grew up in Montana, and there are a lot of 'no nonsense' people there, but their attitude doesn't guaranty that their kids are better behaved through intimidation and shaming.
    Maybe the kid really is a little shit, but this tactic hasn't worked so far, so what makes dad think it will work going forward? Authoritarian parenting rarely works in the long run. More often it just creates resentment. Looks like it already has.

MBTI
    ISTx

I too think it's like playing the same immature game. It's like the father is one-upping the daughter.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    lol.

Let's face it, the child is only going to want to rebel worse now probably. But, I think ungrateful teens that have the audacity to moan and gripe about a few chores need to be put in their place. She was warned before. The father could have just confiscated the computer permanently (considering it appears he paid for it and therefore it's a privilege for her to have/use in the first place). Or, he could amuse us with his theatrics.
    That retard doesent realize that the reason why some teen(propably some P type) rebels and cries so much on the internet about her parents is because her parents arent able to deal with the kid like this particular kid needs to be dealth with. Instead the dad is like "when i was 5 years old i worked 20 hours a day in a coal mine bla bla bla" and expects his kid to be and act like he does. He should be seeing her as an individual with different way of functioning, not some analtentative ESTJ who needs to have his floor mopped every day, but as a typical idiot, hes only able to function with his dom and aux functions and being an egocentric asshole like that,, he expects everyone do act like him..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    That retard doesent realize that the reason why some teen(propably some P type) rebels and cries so much on the internet about her parents is because her parents arent able to deal with the kid like this particular kid needs to be dealth with. Instead the dad is like "when i was 5 years old i worked 20 hours a day in a coal mine bla bla bla" and expects his kid to be and act like he does. He should be seeing her as an individual with different way of functioning, not some analtentative ESTJ who needs to have his floor mopped every day, but as a typical idiot, hes only able to function with his dom and aux functions and being an egocentric asshole like that,, he expects everyone do act like him..
    LOL I got some of that from my mom and dad, both of whom were farm kids.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    There's nothing wrong to have regimented chores that are expected to be done daily. Being a 'P' or whatever shouldn't give someone a pass. That's not an excuse to say that this girl is justified in her griping and moaning over the things that are expected of her. She has shelter, she has food, she has clothes, she HAD a laptop (lol) and therefore she has responsibilities in helping maintain a household. It's not a complex expectancy. Being a P and being a lazy whine bag are two different things.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    There's nothing wrong to have regimented chores that are expected to be done daily. Being a 'P' or whatever shouldn't give someone a pass. That's not an excuse to say that this girl is justified in her griping and moaning over the things that are expected of her. She has shelter, she has food, she has clothes, she HAD a laptop (lol) and therefore she has responsibilities in helping maintain a household. It's not a complex expectancy. Being a P and being a lazy whine bag are two different things.
    You dont get it and i cba to explain you how teenagers function or give you lectures on developmental psychology.

Its not about lazy P, its about having overly high expectations from a kid who doesent see them as normal when comparing them to her friends. And seriously, making a kid wash her own clothes.. sounds like the dad is the lazy one on taking care of his child and keeping the structure and cleanliness in his house that he wants. Mopping a floor daily isnt normal, if he wants to go anal with the floors, he should do it himself, not make his kids mop it..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I had mixed feelings -- two of my kids have pulled the same kinds of stunts and attitudes, so I could sympathize with the guy.... yet... srsly? His response of a 3-year-grounding + the last priceless 60 seconds might just be a little over the top. What a sunofagun.
    I'm also a little ambivalent. The reaction is totally over the top but I confess I'm on his side. He didn't ask anything completely unreasonable of her (although I think pressuring her to get a job is a bit unfair) and she goes around stabbing her parents in the back in return. I don't blame him for being upset about it; my parents would be very hurt and angry if I bad mouthed them so publicly and behaved like such a spoilt brat. I don't necessarily believe he's definitely going to follow through with 100% of those threats, as they were spoken in the heat of the moment; he's probably trying to make a point.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

It's like a cowboy drama horror film all in one

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

I can see both the good and the bad in this. He's certainly overreacting, but it's possible that it sends the right message. She doesn't strike me as a shy wallflower whose ego needs to be handled gently.

As a method of discipline, it's questionable; as a family story, it's great! Families are full of stories of people doing stupid stuff. I can totally see them 10 years later laughing about it. Or when she has kids, saying to them, "Do you want me to do to your computer what my pa did to mine?!"
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

garbage

If the laptop still works, can she continue to use it? I'm unclear on the rules here.

Man. Guns are just the best way to show people that you mean business, though.