First 8910

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saslou View Post
    Awww. Yes there is. Also my kid went from calling me a f***ing w***e online to ... having a heart to heart with your mother can really change how you think about things dated 19th Feb .. Bloody teenagers, love ya but don't want to be that age again
    yeah. And I'll be honest, I remember being extremely volatile when I was a 9th grader. It was just hell. I have trouble recalling what I might have been like from the outside; I did have many valid bones to pick with my parents, but I'm sure I wasn't much fun to live with either.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    yeah. And I'll be honest, I remember being extremely volatile when I was a 9th grader. It was just hell. I have trouble recalling what I might have been like from the outside; I did have many valid bones to pick with my parents, but I'm sure I wasn't much fun to live with either.
    Oh i hear you loud and clear

Some of my favourite 'Children' quotes, lol.

"Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
    households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
    contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
    at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers". Socrates

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on
    frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond
    words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and
    respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise
    [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint". Hesiod (8th century BC)

So it seems people have been complaining about children from long ago. Kids are using the technology available to them to express themselves .. Thank goodness it's usually a phase which one grows out of
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTx

Hey my thread title got changed without my consent. What gives? God damn communists.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx

Okay he overreacted. A lot. However, he's got fair points.

When I was 15, I had a 13 and a 7 year old brother who terrorized me constantly and my parents wouldn't EVER jump to my defense. My door was locked almost ALL the time!! So saying she has to lock it once a week, wow, how horrible, at least she's not waking up to her brothers screaming at each other at 6 am. Plus, I had a lot more chores than she did at that age. My parents refused to let me have a laptop, they wouldn't let me on the computer unless I asked after getting all my homework and chores done. Oh and my parents wouldn't let me block them on facebook, they hounded everything I said. I had no privacy and more chores in a day than she did in a week. And by the way, if I had bought a laptop for myself, they said they would have just taken it from me until college. I had a job every summer, too (I was too busy with all the school work and chores to get a job during the school year). And yet I never posted anything like that on my facebook!!

So yes, I think he overreacted but I think he kinda had it coming. His daughter hasn't had to deal with anything that bad.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Watched this video again the other night with my boys, they thought it was funny.

There have been a few parodies out... this one was probably the best I've seen. The guy gets the mannerisms down perfectly. It kinda jumps the shark in the middle and the girl actor is obviously an adult (not a teen), but I thought it still amusing.

The original is over here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft