MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Personally, I blame God.
    He blames you too. And that's never a good thing.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    He blames you too. And that's never a good thing.
    But I'm not even american!
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

We would be in roughly the same situation regardless of the economic philosophy...well, unless we had adopted mercantilism. That could have slowed down or stopped globalization, but even that couldn't have stopped technological innovation. Machines are replacing humans in the workforce and that's only going to get worse.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

There is no solution, humans.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

PFt

Labeling austrian economics as libertarianism is one thing. To say it's wrong is another.

If you're going to argue that case you'd best do it better than just linking to some article of a book which so happens to be hosted on the "International Branch of the British Labour Party's website.

The Cost of Inequality’ shows that the market capitalism of the last 30 years has been an enormous scam. A dodgy brand of free-market economics achieved an undeserved intellectual hegemony which has served to legitimise a Right-wing project of shrinking the state, zapping the unions and turning a new generation of robber barons into masters of the universe.

LOL. People actually take this source seriously???? LOL

political spin doctors who have no idea of economics, all up in this *****.

Yeah, they are pretty evil if they are able to give up and suggest this:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/modest...ial-death-star
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    http://brusselslabour.eu/2011/12/20/...of-inequality/

Libertarianism is to blame for the counter revolution which created the conditions for the financial crisis and political coup we're now living with.
    Many people cannot perceive the propaganda that support these ideologies. The new branding of propaganda is literally "public relations" which is now a well developed and effective science. Those with the financial resources to manufacture consent are successful in getting people to work against even their own interests in order to better serve the interests of those with the financial backing.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    You're really sad.
    It certainly make me sad beyond words because I've seen the tangible results of exploitation and the suffering it causes, but even what I have seen only scratches the surface.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Many people cannot perceive the propaganda that support these ideologies.
    Propaganda like a Labour Party website promoting a political screed?

The new branding of propaganda is literally "public relations" which is now a well developed and effective science. Those with the financial resources to manufacture consent are successful in getting people to work against even their own interests in order to better serve the interests of those with the financial backing.
    "work against their interests" how? By having a job and being paid? Or by voting for someone you don't like? Why are people supposed to vote their supposed economic interest, anyway? I don't. I vote based on my political ideology, which is rooted in my intellect and life experience. Voting yourself goodies is TRULY greedy and wrong.

It certainly make me sad beyond words because I've seen the tangible results of exploitation and the suffering it causes, but even what I have seen only scratches the surface.
    Lark is still a second-rate hack of a troll. Either that, or one of the most disturbingly single-minded, obsessive posters I've ever come across online.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

FigerPuppet

"work against their interests" how? By having a job and being paid? Or by voting for someone you don't like? Why are people supposed to vote their supposed economic interest, anyway? I don't. I vote based on my political ideology, which is rooted in my intellect and life experience. Voting yourself goodies is TRULY greedy and wrong.
    +1.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Would it be wrong to vote for programs that help you get a job and being paid? Or is that part of voting yourself goodies and being TRULY greedy and wrong?

I'm talking about voting for policies that cause structural violence against oppressed groups whether or not one belongs to that group. It is significant when people are manipulated into voting for programs that will cut off access to medical help, education, employment, etc. When we vote in favor of our own interests we vote in favor of our children, our mothers, our grandparents and neighbors. Someone voting in favor of medical care or sustenance is not truly greedy and wrong but is someone who comprehends their own human rights.

It is helpful to research structural violence and the results of extreme imbalances in wealth distribution.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)