User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyli_ryan View Post
    If anything, I think this highlights the ignorance of people that our government funds to operate as military representatives in other countries.

How does not make the actions seem ignorant and alleviate guilt on the issue? If anything, people working abroad should know enough of the culture/language to know what they are doing when they're "doing their job."
    Yeah, because all of those kids right out of high school are getting paid so well and expected to do so little. Maybe smarter people with cultural knowledge should start volunteering.

Unfortunately, it was a very stupid mistake and many people will probably pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Nation building is the most stupid and ignorant act here and it begets other stupid and ignorant acts on both sides.
    This is absolutely ridiculous.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    This is absolutely ridiculous.
    My statement is ridiculous or the situation in Afghanistan is ridiculous?

If the former, why is my statement ridiculous?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    It seems to me that what they should be doing depends on the true motives of the burnings were.
    In a dispute with me and my neighbor? Sure, explaining intent/circumstances might resolve things. On an international stage? Definitely not. The ugly reality is appearances matter more than facts on an international level. NATO can't march door to door and explain that this was an honest mistake with a plate of homebaked cookies. They're gonna have to kiss some arses, visibly and vigorously before the brouhaha will quiet down.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

How is the mission going to get easier if you burn their bibles and make more enemies? All the apology means is that they did not forsee the outrage, which i really doubt because the backlash that happened was obviously going to happen with such an action.
    1+1=3 OMFG

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    It doesn't seem savage because it's alien. It seems savage because it is savage.

It's important not to make generalized comments about all muslims, but let's not keep that from allowing us to judge evil acts of afghanistan muslims as evil acts.

Edit: also please don't insult all Christians of every stripe by referring to the bizarre family known as Westboro baptist as "Christian"..
    A savage is still a savage, even if you mask it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    A savage is still a savage, even if you mask it.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    In a dispute with me and my neighbor? Sure, explaining intent/circumstances might resolve things. On an international stage? Definitely not. The ugly reality is appearances matter more than facts on an international level. NATO can't march door to door and explain that this was an honest mistake with a plate of homebaked cookies. They're gonna have to kiss some arses, visibly and vigorously before the brouhaha will quiet down.
    What I meant by that was that if it was intentional, they have some internal things they need to be dealing with. Externally (dealing with the Afghan people) I really can't think of much that they can do. I mean it was their holy religious texts, nothing they say is going to make up for it, so the best they can really do is apologize.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Its a bad omen.

A sign its time to get out of that Godforsaken country.

Pakistan is allowed to let Al Qaeda camp in there land without invasion so the whole original point of the invasion and subsequent nation rebuilding is ludicrous and wasteful.

What is the message of this hypocrisy: Its only OK to harbor terrorists if you lie about it.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Its a bad omen.

A sign its time to get out of that Godforsaken country.

Pakistan is allowed to let Al Qaeda camp in there land without invasion so the whole original point of the invasion and subsequent nation rebuilding is ludicrous and wasteful.

What is the message of this hypocrisy: Its only OK to harbor terrorists if you lie about it.
    So true and man does this piss me off.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

We shouldn't be there in the first place it's a waste of money, we haven't really helped them, just added to the trouble, and we are losing young men over nothing, it's sad really.