User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    In the middle of reading the PDF now. This is BEYOND inappropriate and seriously creepy. This is not a garden-variety free speech issue.

I think he knew he wanted to cross boundaries because he finds it exciting and wants to have familiarity and "a little secret" with her, and so he repeatedly asked if anything would be censored because he intended to cross a line, and she, assuming that most human beings have common sense, did not see this coming. I think he finds the idea of talking about sex and her and knowing she'd read it titillating. She handled it exactly right. She tore out the pages and warned him, and he persisted.

Edit: "She is hot, and not just from baking the bun in her oven." Eww, eww, eww.

Edit again: For those who don't want to read the handwritten PDF of the journals, this page has most of it typed up. http://jezebel.com/5885677/the-creep...ked-off-campus

Lots of comments below the jezebel article that are insisting punishment was too harsh, he has a right to free speech, blahblahblah. I would say none of those people have been a teacher, and specifically a female teacher. I would feel like this guy was a threat if he were in my class.
    This unstable guy also wrote that concealed weapons should be allowed on campus? This keeps getting worse.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

A window to the soul

Maybe he's a kidder.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Joseph Corlett, a 56-year-old countertop refinisher who is pursuing a degree in writing and rhetoric
    lol
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I would make value judgments before getting more details or context about this scenario.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

I think he knew he wanted to cross boundaries because he finds it exciting and wants to have familiarity and "a little secret" with her, and so he repeatedly asked if anything would be censored because he intended to cross a line, and she, assuming that most human beings have common sense, did not see this coming. I think he finds the idea of talking about sex and her and knowing she'd read it titillating. She handled it exactly right. She tore out the pages and warned him, and he persisted.
    Even though the journal is seriously inappropiate and seriously creepy (which I am taking you and everybody else here's word for, as I haven't read it), that does NOT make it against the rules. If he had asked her if "anything goes" in his writing and she did not say anything, then she has to accept that. Yes, boundaries exist, but she did not lay out any boundaries for him. And saying that it is "common sense" just completely diminishes the necessity of rules because "everybody" knows it. Why do you think laws are written down? "Common sense" is a poor idea, though, as people have different definitions of it. I haven't done anything like this (as I respect people's boundaries) but there have been multiple occasions where I made a mistake or did something wrong for someone when the person didn't clear these things up with me, and they just told me it was "common sense" when I pointed that out.

Look, I'm not condoning his actions, but the punishment was unwarranted simply because she gave him permission.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

In the middle of reading the PDF now. This is BEYOND inappropriate and seriously creepy. This is not a garden-variety free speech issue.

Edit: "She is hot, and not just from baking the bun in her oven." Eww, eww, eww.

Edit again: For those who don't want to read the handwritten PDF of the journals, this page has most of it typed up. http://jezebel.com/5885677/the-creep...ked-off-campus

Lots of comments below the jezebel article that are insisting punishment was too harsh, he has a right to free speech, blahblahblah. I would say none of those people have been a teacher, and specifically a female teacher. I would feel like this guy was a threat if he were in my class.
    I suspect none of these people have been a female in a captive place in general. (Working behind counters have given me no tolerance for this kind of thing.) I don't think people realize how much of a personal boundary is crossed in situations like these. Okay, "it's not against the rules." But it really should be "against the rules" in any social circumstance. It is completely disgusting and unacceptable in any situation. I would have told that guy to get the fuck out my class and maybe our "little secret" would be his ugly deceased face on channel six tomorrow morning. There is no intellectualizing this stuff down to simple laws and logic. It's totally perverted.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Even though the journal is seriously inappropiate and seriously creepy (which I am taking you and everybody else here's word for, as I haven't read it), that does NOT make it against the rules. If he had asked her if "anything goes" in his writing and she did not say anything, then she has to accept that. Yes, boundaries exist, but she did not lay out any boundaries for him. And saying that it is "common sense" just completely diminishes the necessity of rules because "everybody" knows it. Why do you think laws are written down? "Common sense" is a poor idea, though, as people have different definitions of it. I haven't done anything like this (as I respect people's boundaries) but there have been multiple occasions where I made a mistake or did something wrong for someone when the person didn't clear these things up with me, and they just told me it was "common sense" when I pointed that out.

Look, I'm not condoning his actions, but the punishment was unwarranted simply because she gave him permission.
    I don't buy this argument. There are unwritten rules for social behavior and this guy broke at least one of them.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't buy this argument. There are unwritten rules for social behavior and this guy broke at least one of them.
    Well, that's hardly fair, is it? To have rules that aren't even spelled out? Not everyone is aware of proper social behavior, but that doesn't make it a crime until it has broken a written law.

"The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    um, from what I understand, she later explicitly told him not to write about her again, several times....if this were after a single incident, then the punishment would have been an overreaction....but this was a series of incidents after repeated warnings to cease and desist.

I'm not one to support politically correct censorship and/or persecution on college campuses*, but this is something completely different-a specific woman was singled out, and he was repeatedly told to stop.

*While at college, a friend of mine was threatened with expulsion after a women's group complained about a post he made on a campus forum; it included a series of tasteless and offensive means (not directed at any specific person, though it was posted during a period in which he had engaged in a series of venemous debates with a member of said women's group) in which a man could humiliate and take revenge on a woman during sex. I spoke as a witness on his behalf, and would do so again (even though I don't think his post was either funny or appropriate).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    um, from what I understand, she later explicitly told him not to write about her again, several times....if this were after a single incident, then the punishment would have been an overreaction....but this was a series of incidents after repeated warnings to cease and desist.

I'm not one to support politically correct censorship and/or persecution on college campuses*, but this is something completely different-a specific woman was singled out, and he was repeatedly told to stop.
    Well, it helps to know the full story. Thanks.

Tatiana ♥