User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I don't know about a charge of “intimidation” but from viewing the follow up link from Orangey the student was acting inappropriate and was being insubordinate. I'm big on free speech but teachers need to be able to maintain some degree of order in their classrooms. The news article in the OP should have included the alleged offending passages because after reading that I was originally on the students side now I am on the teachers side.
    The passages weren't available from the article and when the story first broke, this was all the information available. In fact, I tried to comment on the article later with that link Orangey provided pointing out the irresponsible journalism and the fact that they had allowed such a large piece of context to be absent from the story, so they sanitized my comment by removing the link!
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    The passages weren't available from the article and when the story first broke, this was all the information available. In fact, I tried to comment on the article later with that link Orangey provided pointing out the irresponsible journalism and the fact that they had allowed such a large piece of context to be absent from the story, so they sanitized my comment by removing the link!
    Ah, so that WAS you. I was wondering.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Ah, so that WAS you. I was wondering.
    Yep, but they chopped up my damn comment and the author of the article didn't respond to my Qs and they chucked the link. I guess that means they know they're sensationalizing and they find it very inconvenient to have it pointed out.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Yep, but they chopped up my damn comment and the author of the article didn't respond to my Qs and they chucked the link. I guess that means they know they're sensationalizing and they find it very inconvenient to have it pointed out.
    Yeah, it seems to be part of a series. This story, one where a 9 year old was suspended for calling a teacher "fine", another where a teenager was suspended for a week due to wearing hair extensions, and one where two students were suspended for hugging.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was wondering about that when I saw it, it seemed to be very similar to his own handwriting.

She did eventually report him; it changes whether or not he was rebelling earlier in the process, although it could conceivably rack the creep factor up yet another notch.
    But is reporting him a warning? Isn't he already in trouble at that point? People here seem to say that he was told to cut it out before he got in trouble, I don't see any evidence of this in any of the articles.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    But is reporting him a warning? Isn't he already in trouble at that point? People here seem to say that he was told to cut it out before he got in trouble, I don't see any evidence of this in any of the articles.
    There was one comment the teacher made in the actual journal where they teacher told him it was inappropriate and to cut it out or she'd report him (or something like that).

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    How would I know? I've only had the same articles to read as you have had, and they've vague in spots.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    There was one comment the teacher made in the actual journal where they teacher told him it was inappropriate and to cut it out or she'd report him (or something like that).
    I think that's the comment under question... it was in his handwriting. Or do you mean a later comment?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    How would I know? I've only had the same articles to read as you have had, and they've vague in spots.

I think that's the comment under question... it was in his handwriting. Or do you mean a later comment?
    Now I notice that the handwriting is apparently the same too now (the alleged student and the alleged teachers handwriting appear the same in the handwritten journal). This calls into question its reliability and authority...and thus my overall opinion.

@Orangey , where did you get the link and do you know how authentic it is?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

This is from my alma mater no less...

Article Link

If you were the teacher, what would you do?
    If you were the student, what would you do?
    *If you were the school, what would you do?
    If i was the school i would be a building. I do not even know how this question is relevant. Whet?
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    If i was the school i would be a building. I do not even know how this question is relevant. Whet?
    Take it in the context it was meant in.