User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'd rather not speculate. Taking up arms against a superior officer is a pretty severe offense.
    Yes, the Royal Australian Navy hangs mutineers. However no charges were brought against the black American mutineers, rather they were all shipped out to the war in Papua New Guinea and everything was hushed up.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Mate, mate, we only present the facts, just the facts. And we let you make up your own mind.
    Your nationalism irks me. I'm not a huge fan of the US either, and if it was financially feasible, I'd move (probably to a northern European country after visiting all of them and making an informed decision). But really, nationalism, for any country, is silly and divisive. We are humans and that is our only classification.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    Your nationalism irks me. I'm not a huge fan of the US either, and if it was financially feasible, I'd move (probably to a northern European country after visiting all of them and making an informed decision). But really, nationalism, for any country, is silly and divisive. We are humans and that is our only classification.
    Alas, no international citizenship exists, only national citizenship. And without our national citizenship, we are non-persons.

However we should learn to understand the history, language and culture of other nationalities.

However such New Age beliefs as We are humans and that is our only classification are fatuous and dangerous to those who take such beliefs seriously.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Alas, no international citizenship exists, only national citizenship. And without our national citizenship, we are non-persons.

However we should learn to understand the history, language and culture of other nationalities.

However such New Age beliefs as We are humans and that is our only classification are fatuous and dangerous to those who take such beliefs seriously.
    I agree that we should learn about all cultures, languages, and histories. You'll have to explain to me how global unity is dangerous. Nationalism is the cause of nearly every non-religious war (religion being another classification). I don't mean to say that all people are the same; that would be silly. I'm saying we are all unique individuals that should treat every other unique individual as if he/she were our family, and not treat a majority of them as foreigners.

Nationalism is saying "because I was born in this nation, I am better than those born in other nations."
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

Sloppy Longhand and LBJ

I've just been reading Lyndon Baines Johnson's secret report to the President about the revolt of black, American soldiers at Townsville, Queensland in 1942, as well as his opinion of Australians.

The secret report was written in longhand and it is sloppy, it is sloppy longhand. And how can anyone who writes in such sloppy longhand become President of the United States of America?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I've just been reading Lyndon Baines Johnson's secret report to the President about the revolt of black, American soldiers at Townsville, Queensland in 1942, as well as his opinion of Australians.

The secret report was written in longhand and it is sloppy, it is sloppy longhand. And how can anyone who writes in such sloppy longhand become President of the United States of America?
    Does it matter?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Why does victor hate Americans so much?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    He's an Australian G.I. baby.

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    America contains the best and the worst - so it is a love/hate relationship.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

America contains the best and the worst - so it is a love/hate relationship.
    I love/hate you.