User Tag List

First 8910

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Uh... that would have all sorts of strange implications.

Anyway, I always try to imagine what it would be like to have all that fame and power, I can't really understand it at all. But that must play some kind of messed up games with your psyche and what the world is like. I want to sit in a celebrity therapist office for a day (camera/ reality show free of course) and see what they say.
    I guess it's different for everyone. But they say it has partly to do with all those people screaming adulation at you, and then you go offstage and you have the same problems as everyone else, plus a bunch of weird ones related to your celebrity (ie. no real private life), and you realise you're lonely and you wonder who your real friends are or if they're just around because you're successful...etc.

Apparently performing is a great deal like a drug and I guess people get bored or have a hard time coming down from it. I've never taken drugs, but I love going to concerts and I feel a bit "drugged" (I think) even from that. All the sound and light and excitement. Being up on stage, well, I can only imagine. The comedown must be harsh if you don't manage it properly.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I guess it's different for everyone. But they say it has partly to do with all those people screaming adulation at you, and then you go offstage and you have the same problems as everyone else, plus a bunch of weird ones related to your celebrity (ie. no real private life), and you realise you're lonely and you wonder who your real friends are or if they're just around because you're successful...etc.

Apparently performing is a great deal like a drug and I guess people get bored or have a hard time coming down from it. I've never taken drugs, but I love going to concerts and I feel a bit "drugged" (I think) even from that. All the sound and light and excitement. Being up on stage, well, I can only imagine. The comedown must be harsh if you don't manage it properly.
    Yeah, that and having everything you could ever possibly want (in the physical sense.) It's like the only way you can get more out of the world or more excitement and dopamine rush is to do the most intense mind and mood altering stuff possible. I imagine taking a hike or walking the dog or going to get ice cream is not quite as exciting when you've seen everything.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

for real...i imagine it takes a lot of strength to give up your person. i mean just hand it over to the world and not feel like you own it anymore. it seems like the drugs are just something they reach for to escape that...to feel alone for awhile....block it all out. it's understandable...fuck fame the whole thing is beyond stupid.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    for real...i imagine it takes a lot of strength to give up your person. i mean just hand it over to the world and not feel like you own it anymore. it seems like the drugs are just something they reach for to escape that...to feel alone for awhile....block it all out. it's understandable...fuck fame the whole thing is beyond stupid.
    I honestly find it unimaginable. It is so far from anything I have ever desired. My only wishes in terms of "fame" are to get a few things published. And not particularly for fame (who reads poetry anyway? ) but more for personal satisfaction. I think fame is such a trap, such a delusion. I guess some people can achieve just the right level, somewhere way below the Whitney Houstons of this world. They have fans and lots of people enjoy their work, but they don't have tabloids following their every move, etc. I guess it's not that simple. For people who have become superstar famous, it's not like there's one moment where they are asked "ok, so you do want massive fame? Or do you want to step back now?" They make a lot of choices and things happen to them that lead them to it, but it's not that clear cut and they don't see how much it could mess up their lives. And I'm sure it is incredibly exciting. It is a drug in itself.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i hate it so much...just all of it...everyone dying from drugs...letting it change them..take away their power, potential...their everything. why can't they at least make them non addictive...like caffeine free coke...you know?
    Not everyone is dying from drugs.

Not all of the celebrities are dying, either (well, at least not at this moment). If it seems like more celebrities are dying these days, that's probably because there are lot more celebrities because the threshold to become one has been significantly lowered. (this is not directed at Lady X)
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Sunday night at my church, our pastor's wife actually sung that song, "I Love the Lord, He Heard My Cry" or whatever the song is called. She did it justice with our choir.

As far as dear Whitney is concerned--money and fame cannot buy happiness. You just earn stress from it. That's my two cents.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just meant that i hate that all the people who have died from drug use have..
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I hear this morning that Bobby Brown turned up to the funneral/rememberence service and had to leave because his entourage was too big. I think the guy should probably have just stayed away.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Obama and Michael Vick!
    I think it may be Obama and Oprah: http://www.libertarianrepublican.net...rian-hawk.html

Self-proclaimed "Machiavellian"

From Eric Dondero:

Known for her extreme libertine views on social matters, Lady Gaga has now come out of the closet as a military hawk.

From Forbes this morning:

Lady Gaga, the music industry phenomenon, is surprisingly hawkish in her views on foreign policy. In an exclusive interview, at a café around the corner from her parents’ Upper West Side apartment, she laments what she terms “the pathetic U.S. policy on Iran.”

“They support terrorist groups, ferment trouble in Iraq, and are building a nuclear bomb. And what do we do? Nothing. Not that we do anything about North Korea either. Why are we so spineless?”
    She goes on to add:

Influential liberals like Alec Baldwin may want you to think that celebrities are liberals, but I get a big crowd at my monthly [Prussian War General] Carl von Clausewitz reading group.”
    And stunningly she takes a jab at the Queen of Celebrity Liberals:

Interviewer:“Oprah? But she’s a well-known supporter of President Obama.”

Gaga's response: “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer,” Gaga replies, “Have you not read Machiavelli?”

Though, admittedly little if anything is known about her economic views, allowing herself to be interviewed by the economic libertarian publication Forbes sends a good signal.
    But theses three are suspected to be freemasons, so I don't know if they can kill them each others.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Someone said she was going to make a guest appearance on The Walking Dead last week, but of course she was a no show. So either they've got crack in the afterlife or that someone was FOS.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”