User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Krill View Post
    Especially considering how Fox had numerous oppurtunities to ask him about his views on issues that would get him support in the right-wing, and instead asked him only questions that would end up having him answering in a controversial -- and thanks to Giuliani's absurd response -- offensive manner.
    Still not as good as CNN's banner at the bottom "Blaming the US for 9/11" on "The Situation Room".

Not that Ron Paul wasn't saying it, but the irony was that he was quoteing out of the 9/11 comission report, the CIA reports and the like in defense of Giuliani feigned ignorance of the topic... just amazing how it gets spun around to erode popular support.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by FranG View Post
    I wish I coulda saw this; "fair and balanced" FoxNews sponsored a GOP presidential debate on Tuesday night. As usual, Ron, a "real" conservative was ostracized and attacked for his not so popular views; mainly on bringing the troops home from Iraq and positing that American foreign policy is the true cause of terrorism. See article below. Here's is video of Paul on CNN with Wolf Blitzer discussing the debate
    To be fair, Ron Paul is actually a libertarian, not a conservative, but that's still far closer to conservative ideals than the authoritarians who dominate the Republican party, right now.

I sure hope he can somehow win the Republican nomination. He's the only candidate with any hope of taking this country in a positive direction. All the rest, whether Republican or Democrat, are the same.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    To be fair, Ron Paul is actually a libertarian, not a conservative, but that's still far closer to conservative ideals than the authoritarians who dominate the Republican party, right now.

I sure hope he can somehow win the Republican nomination. He's the only candidate with any hope of taking this country in a positive direction. All the rest, whether Republican or Democrat, are the same.
    I'm not sure but I think libertarians are just old school Republicans (Jeffersonian). Modern conservatism has gotten watered down with liberalism a bit.
    I live the life daily; I die the death nightly

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by FranG View Post
    I'm not sure but I think libertarians are just old school Republicans (Jeffersonian). Modern conservatism has gotten watered down with liberalism a bit.
    You're right, essentially, libertarians are Jeffersonians. But modern Republicans are nothing like that. Conservatism and liberalism are diametrically opposed. If anything, conservatism has become more radical of late, not watered down. What has happened to both parties is a move toward authoritarianism. That's been the trend since the Civil War.