123 Last

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Default Duhhhhh time to wake up

Now i don't wanna hear any back talk. Just hush up and watch the video you might learn something if you aren't completly brain dead. And remember emotional replies are a sign of a weak mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmBym...eature=related
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Well no shit. This is what critical theorists have been saying for the last half century.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

yeh but the majority of people fundementally disagree because of the foundation of who they vote for, and what they beleive in.
    1+1=3 OMFG

garbage

Hmm. I shouldn't watch TV; I should watch YouTube videos instead.

I didn't learn anything. It's not because I'm completely brain dead, but rather because I thought everything in the video was either obvious or overstated, most of it to the point of being cliche.

That said, it's still worth reminding ourselves that we should think for ourselves--but we need to recognize that we are, to some degree, for good or for bad, a product of whatever we consume.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Now i don't wanna hear any back talk. Just hush up and watch the video you might learn something if you aren't completly brain dead. And remember emotional replies are a sign of a weak mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmBym...eature=related
    Face-to-face conversations with people are no better. Every piece of information communicated to us by another human, regardless of the medium, is "tainted" in some way.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Hmm. I shouldn't watch TV; I should watch YouTube videos instead. You matched wrong concepts. He says that the tv is a (corporate) doctrinizing device, and this is easily spectated when watching the news and direction of bias. Youtube is run by a variety of independant thinkers not just corporate entities so please stay on subject.

I didn't learn anything. It's not because I'm completely brain dead, but rather because I thought everything in the video was either obvious or overstated, most of it to the point of being cliche. I am still waiting for you to get to your point

That said, it's still worth reminding ourselves that we should think for ourselves--but we need to recognize that we are, to some degree, for good or for bad, a product of whatever we consume.
    I couldn't agree with you more, but it is found in most mainstream media that these values you speak of are not at all encouraged. Because this is simply a superficial judgmental labeling society. A product of what we consume? i don't know what you mean
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Face-to-face conversations with people are no better. Every piece of information communicated to us by another human, regardless of the medium, is "tainted" in some way.
    Yes that's why i think emotions really interfer with logical discourse, and politics does not help this because usually the logical discourse is so focused on subjective matters, and since they are subjective they only yeild emotional response from the mind less able to think
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

You've stumbled on some jackpot here bro
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

This video is so facile and nonspecific that I don't know how to glean any meaning from it.

Any invisible nefarious act that is theoretically possible will be assumed by some people to have already taken place, despite obstacles that make it extremely unlikely. It's the basis of conspiracy theory. For instance, it's not exactly a secret that TV and other mass media are capable of transforming culture by virtue of their reach. It's something McLuhan wrote about decades ago. But it's death by a thousand cuts, and they all come from different sources; there's no Orwellian evil genius orchestrating it. Advertising affects the way you think about using products and about what you're entitled to. News producers affect the way you think about events and policy. Reality shows affect the way you think about personality archetypes. Entertainment programs affect the way you think about love and the limits of your lot in life. It seems impossible that the power of this medium could be harnessed to serve a specific interest. But that's not as cool a story.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    You matched wrong concepts. He says that the tv is a (corporate) doctrinizing device, and this is easily spectated when watching the news and direction of bias. Youtube is run by a variety of independant thinkers not just corporate entities so please stay on subject.
    Youtube has been run by Google since 2006. If I were more paranoid, I would say that Google maintains tight control over what we see on Youtube--it shuts videos down due to copyright violations and so on.

The guy in the video mentions more than TV; he mentions movies as well. Movies are not 'controlled by the government' in the same way that he mentions that TV is. He is talking about all media. You are conflating your opinions with those expressed in this video.

I am not off-subject. Disagreeing is not veering off subject, and I'd venture to say that mockery isn't, either.

I am still waiting for you to get to your point
    No, you're derisively telling me that you do not agree with my point. My point was made very clearly: the expression in this video is nothing new or eye-opening.

I couldn't agree with you more, but it is found in most mainstream media that these values you speak of are not at all encouraged. Because this is simply a superficial judgmental labeling society. A product of what we consume? i don't know what you mean
    We take the world in through our senses, process it, and act upon it. What we see and view, what we experience, and who we associate with define us in many ways.